Esteemed Contributor

@MTH wrote:

I was on the fence too last night. I had written down item numbers for a few things I was wavering about thinking if last night's deals were exceptional, I would take the plunge but I only ended up getting one more item....candle impressions 5 piece set of poinsettia flameless candles.  They got good reviews and I have a few hurricanes/domes that need something.  I got the ivory color thinking I could use them all the time. The poinsettia design looks very "light" with some scroll work around the flowers.  I have had very good luck with battery life in the candle impressions items and this one touts 1,000 hrs of glow time with a timer.    To be honest, other than the easy pay, most of the CIJ items I looked at again this morning are not much more expensive anyway should anyone decide they still NEED something.  I assume the return policy has reverted to the 30 days tho so that's the only drawback.  Hope everyone had as much fun as I did in July.  Now we can all shift towards Fall.  Thanks everyone for a fun CIJ.

It is a pretty set of CIs that you bought, MTH.  I agree with you about the possibility of using them year-round.  I saw your reindeer and I think you picked a good style to use in it, and also it works out in your red hurricane.

I'm glad CI is offering the sets like this, because the price per candle is very good.  There was a time when I had to stock up on individuals from Kohls to get this kind of price per candle, and boy did I stock up.  I have so many of the 4" tall rustic styles that I probably won't ever need another pillar of that height!

Esteemed Contributor

@Central Fl Shopper wrote:

I have enjoyed reading all of your comments during CIJ. They have been veryhelpful in helping me decide whether of not to buy certain items.  I always love CIJ but you all made it more fun for me this year! Thanks for posting information and opinions about Christmas items.

I just wanted to say welcome. I'm glad to see a few new (or unfamiliar to me) posters here on the various threads over CIJ.  This forum can be lots of fun and offers so much helpful information.  I hope everyone sticks around now that the excitement of CIJ has gone.  

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@MTH wrote:

I was on the fence too last night. I had written down item numbers for a few things I was wavering about thinking if last night's deals were exceptional, I would take the plunge but I only ended up getting one more item....candle impressions 5 piece set of poinsettia flameless candles.  They got good reviews and I have a few hurricanes/domes that need something.  I got the ivory color thinking I could use them all the time. The poinsettia design looks very "light" with some scroll work around the flowers.  I have had very good luck with battery life in the candle impressions items and this one touts 1,000 hrs of glow time with a timer.    To be honest, other than the easy pay, most of the CIJ items I looked at again this morning are not much more expensive anyway should anyone decide they still NEED something.  I assume the return policy has reverted to the 30 days tho so that's the only drawback.  Hope everyone had as much fun as I did in July.  Now we can all shift towards Fall.  Thanks everyone for a fun CIJ.

It is a pretty set of CIs that you bought, MTH.  I agree with you about the possibility of using them year-round.  I saw your reindeer and I think you picked a good style to use in it, and also it works out in your red hurricane.

I'm glad CI is offering the sets like this, because the price per candle is very good.  There was a time when I had to stock up on individuals from Kohls to get this kind of price per candle, and boy did I stock up.  I have so many of the 4" tall rustic styles that I probably won't ever need another pillar of that height!

@SHOPR  Hi SHOPR.   One of the reasons I picked the CI candles is that it looked like the candle lit most of the way thru the middle.  The Luminara one's had the "flame" but not so much thru the candle (if that makes sense).  I just figured with a hurricane that large on both pieces, the CI candles might be a better fit.  My candles haven't shipped yet but I wanted to drag those pieces out to make sure they look nice.  I really don't want to put that reindeer away but its too early to justify keeping him around. Don't think I can incorporate him into any Fall decor.   I will post a pic when I receive those candles and pop them in both.  Hopefully I'll have them later inthe week.

Thanks for the input on the Kohls candles. I have always wondered if they were a good value.  Some of them are adorable. Last year that had a few with vintage winter/santa scenes that were very pretty.  I was unsure of their quality so I passed so I'm glad you said you like them.  

Trusted Contributor

@Central Fl Shopper wrote:

I have enjoyed reading all of your comments during CIJ. They have been veryhelpful in helping me decide whether of not to buy certain items.  I always love CIJ but you all made it more fun for me this year! Thanks for posting information and opinions about Christmas items.

@Central Fl Shopper  Welcome to our wacky bunch.  That's one thing we are is HELPFUL.  Mostly in spending each other's $$ but that's where all the fun is!  We'll for sure be around a lot in the next few months as we can now focus on Fall for a few months which we all seem to love as much as Christmas.  Hope youv visit with us often.  I think we have the best group on the Forums.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: On the Fence Tonight?

[ Edited ]

@MTH wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@SHOPR  Hi SHOPR.   One of the reasons I picked the CI candles is that it looked like the candle lit most of the way thru the middle.  The Luminara one's had the "flame" but not so much thru the candle (if that makes sense).  I just figured with a hurricane that large on both pieces, the CI candles might be a better fit.  My candles haven't shipped yet but I wanted to drag those pieces out to make sure they look nice.  I really don't want to put that reindeer away but its too early to justify keeping him around. Don't think I can incorporate him into any Fall decor.   I will post a pic when I receive those candles and pop them in both.  Hopefully I'll have them later inthe week.

Thanks for the input on the Kohls candles. I have always wondered if they were a good value.  Some of them are adorable. Last year that had a few with vintage winter/santa scenes that were very pretty.  I was unsure of their quality so I passed so I'm glad you said you like them.  

@MTH, It makes perfect sense and I know exactly what you mean.  I will say, though, that right now I am looking at one of my 7" rustic Ivory Luminaras inside a lantern, and the whole thing is pretty much glowing. The glow gradually dims toward the bottom 1/3, but it is really impressive, and I didn't expect that much glow in the body when I first got them.  CIs really do light up very brightly throughout, though, and what a price difference. 

About the Kohls candles, I can only vouch for the ones called Inglow Rustic.  I've been tempted from time to time by other styles and other brands on their website, but so far I have managed to stick with the Inglow rustics (made by CI).  Well, I did buy some wax pumpkins and wax cardinals that are another brand, but they are no longer available.  

Looking forward to the pics.