Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

Really attracted to the look, and love the paint color.  The feathering is done so well, I never know when to stop, and would get the line straight across, or over done, or matching on each side.  Think the decoratives on top are perfect with the wardrobe design.

Would like to have it, but I could never do that myself to an old, burled, walnut piece.  Too much respect for old wood, too much time spent scraping paint off old pieces.

@lolakimono 

I hope this belongs to you, cause it is really lovely. Would like to think of you having it.

@Drythe 

It's an Annie Sloan chalk paint idea that was "recommended" for me.

I am drawn to it, but I don't have anything like it in my house. 

@lolakimono 

You have such a gift for finding special things, I’m sure you could easily find one similar- a new trend for you!  You are so talented, I know you would do it very well.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Drythe @Drythe  If I was lucky enough to have such a beautiful walnut wardrobe in my home the last thing I would do it apply paint to it. 

If it had blemishes or scars or some kind of damage, even though I do okay with finishing wood (primarily oak) as a DIY'er, I'd hire a professional to restore it.

I can't imagine having such a majestic piece and applying chalk for the heck of it.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

I can’t either, and yet I’m oddly drawn to it.

Lordy, the hours I’ve enjoyed releasing beautiful wood from old enamel paint layers.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I don't care for it at all.  It looks like a do-it-yourself project gone bad or never finished.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono NO. That doesn't say ombre to me. It says "I changed my mind and didn't know what to do!"

That is NOT a true depiction of what ombre really is either.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@lolakimono NO. That doesn't say ombre to me. It says "I changed my mind and didn't know what to do!"

That is NOT a true depiction of what ombre really is either.

@Love my grandkids 

Okay, but that's the name of the pin. Cat Happy

Here is a description of the treatment from their site-

The graduated ombre from darkest blue of Oxford Navy, to Aubusson Blue, then Provence and finally a mix of Provence and Chicago Grey disguises marks that marred the lower half of this piece whilst showcasing the unflawed walnut of the top beautifully. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote

Here is a description of the treatment from their site-

The graduated ombre from darkest blue of Oxford Navy, to Aubusson Blue, then Provence and finally a mix of Provence and Chicago Grey disguises marks that marred the lower half of this piece whilst showcasing the unflawed walnut of the top beautifully. 

@lolakimono 

What a great ‘save ‘ for a beautiful, but damaged, piece!

Honored Contributor

Too me iit looks like it has been in a flood and now mold/mildew has set in.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono OK I see. But I still think it's awful.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for the silhouette of this piece of furniture, though I like the hardware. Burled walnut is usually pretty. The paint job looks to be sort of interesting. One or the other might have worked. Together, I'll take a pass.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...