Honored Contributor

The first Monday of the month, I put baking soda and vinegar down my drains. After 15 minutes, I rinse with hot water. It helps prevent stale odors.

Respected Contributor

i find it helps slow drains also. our shower was draining slow and i put baking soda then vinagar and it got drain flowing good again. i love when vinagar hits baking soda and see it all bubble up. i allso use that to clean dishwasher instead of buying dishwasher cleaner.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

i have seen it in the supermaket and wondered how it would work. i may buy a box and try it out. i tried oxy and to me it did nothing. thanks for your tip.

@Pooky1 , I agree.  I felt Oxy Clean was a waste of money.

Esteemed Contributor

I

@ID2 wrote:

Yesterdays' Borax is todays' OxyClean. New and improved way to treat laundry in the present times. Love my OxyClean!

I love it too! It keeps my beautiful white throw rugs bright without the slight yellowing that occurs with chlorine bleach.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

I use the Borax on my DH work clothes and my gym clothes. Always fresh smelling. Great product. 
I always keep two towels in the laundry room to add to dryer to bulk up a smaller load so it fluffs the clothes properly. 

Respected Contributor

I've been using 20 Mule Team for years.

If I have a really tough stain, I use Fels Naptha bar soap to pretreat the stain.

Works great on ring around the collar too.

Honored Contributor

I've used borax, too. Works pretty good. But for disinfecting stinky dog stuff and steam mop pads, I like to use Lysol Laundry Sanitizer. That stuff works so well. I rinse twice when I use it to make sure I rinse out all of the chemicals. Laundry comes out so clean smelling. I don't use bleach so that Lysol product does the job.

Respected Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I've been using 20 Mule Team for years.

If I have a really tough stain, I use Fels Naptha bar soap to pretreat the stain.

Works great on ring around the collar too.

My grandmother LOVED Fels Naptha bar soap.  She always had a bar in use.

Respected Contributor

omg fells napin  was a huge factory about 3 towns over big huge stacks I remember poision ivy had the soap 

Trusted Contributor

Another vote here for Fels Napa (Bar soap) It works wonderful on stains. I have found nothing better and it's really cheap too! About a dollar a bar and it lasts forever!!