Honored Contributor

ONLINE STORE SHOWS HINTS OF FALL IN THEIR ROOM SETUPS

It's fun to see how a site like "Ballard Designs" changes their online "show rooms" as the seasons change.

section_1_shoptheroom.jpg

Not radically, just a different emphasis on certain textures and colors for fall. 

These are show rooms or "mock-ups", so of course they don't have quite the warmth of real, lived-in rooms, but I like the little ideas they give here and there.

Rich bedding, textured headboard, and gorgeous rustic lamps.

section_3_2.jpg

Olives and sages are year-round, but esp. nice in the fall. The basket-like feeling of the lampshade enhances that harvest mood...

section_2_1.jpg

The pinky tones of the paintings, with brown, so pretty, and tall clay urns and vases also make me think of fall, for some reason.

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 9.25.34 AM.png

The toasty color palette in this dining vignette is inviting... I like the simple wheat on the table, the upholstered seats on the dining chairs, the tones of the rug, and the burnished wall sconces.

T_WithoutZoom.jpg 

They suggest an autumnal mood with just a few items...

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 9.08.07 AM.png

And this quite different, "homespun" dining area, with brick and a quilt ( or is it a quilt?) as a table cloth, lovely.

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 9.13.54 AM.png

Honored Contributor

Re: ONLINE STORE SHOWS HINTS OF FALL IN THEIR ROOM SETUPS

@Oznell Some nice fall touches, some. But I don't like those bedroom colors at all.

Honored Contributor

So interesting you should say that, @Love my grandkids .   I used to be somewhat skeptical of fall colors, especially the rusts, tobaccos, tawny colors, etc.   But for whatever reason, I really like the warmth they bring now, especially in a bedroom. 

If everything--  coverlet, blankets, sheets, etc.-- were all in those rich autumnals, it probably WOULD be too much for me.  But I love the way they mix the richer deeper earth tones with white or ecru sheets, for example...

Might consider doing that myself...

Honored Contributor

As so many of us love this time of year approaching, we start to decorate for the season.  I usually go all out but this year am limiting the decor because it is just too much work.  Therefore I do think you can have signs of Fall throughout the house without having it overwhelm.  I love to display faux flowers and when I put them out it changes the season immediately, fall flowers and lots of leaves.  I also have seasonal table cloths on my dining room and kitchen tables, centerpieces and some groupings here and there.  While there won't be as much displayed, it will still feel like Fall.  

Honored Contributor

And here are a few nods to fall by another online store,  "One Kings Lane":

I like all of this, except the animal head, real or faux, on the wall.   Like the way they don't shy away from blue in their fall set-ups.

Super Theme Large-OKL_LIFE_CV_NATURALIST LIVING FA22_V6_2174.jpg

A blaze of wheat on a coffee table.

Super Theme Large-20181108_COUNTRY_RURAL_SOPHISTICATE_TRAD_MODERN_LEANING_LIVING_DETAIL 2.jpg

The cognac velvet pillows, with the raw linen, great contrast.

Super Theme Large-OKL_SIT_20201218_LIFE_CV_OKL TEXTILES SPOTLIGHT DETAIL_001-Edit final.jpg

I like everything about this harvest dining room, with the exception of the light fixture.  The colors, the art, the fruit, the surprising touches of off-white in glassware and pottery.  A fresh take on fall.

Super Theme Large-OKL_LIFE_CV_NATURALIST DINING FA22_V3_2431-Edit.jpg

This cozy little lair was my favorite, and I wasn't even sure why they considered it "fall".   They explained that the layered rugs point to the more cozy season!   And of course, the contents of the bowl and the brass and rattan accents do too.

Super Theme Large-OKL_SIT_00086679_LIFE_CV_NATURALIST CONSERVATORY 2020_V1_653.jpg

Honored Contributor

Great choices, @spiderw --  fall foliage and flowers, and textiles like table cloths --  these are touches that pay off big in impact!

Respected Contributor

The porch and the lampshade are my favorites.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love most of the “Ballard Designs” I can almost smell the wood smoke in the air.

I love the terra-cotta bedding in the first picture. The color is so rich and saturated. A perfect way to add a warm baked color to a room. The lamps are a perfect compliment. They don’t compete.

I would change a few things in the living room with the pink tones, but overall, I like it. The artwork is placed in such a way it just brings the entire room together. Perfect staging.

I love the dining vignette The room is balanced. The eye is so comfortable with the color, and placement.

The living room in the “One Kings Lane” photo is a bit too dark and somber for me. However, I love it in the dining room. The off-white glassware, and pottery, along with the placement of the artwork once again brings the room into focus. It makes the dark wall coloring more forgiving.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

So interesting you should say that, @Love my grandkids .   I used to be somewhat skeptical of fall colors, especially the rusts, tobaccos, tawny colors, etc.   But for whatever reason, I really like the warmth they bring now, especially in a bedroom. 

If everything--  coverlet, blankets, sheets, etc.-- were all in those rich autumnals, it probably WOULD be too much for me.  But I love the way they mix the richer deeper earth tones with white or ecru sheets, for example...

Might consider doing that myself...

@Oznell   @Love my grandkids 

In addition, those tawny colors, especially rust, look great with touches of turquoise or teal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like almost all of the rooms pictured. I would change a few thing but not much.