Honored Contributor

ONE PAINT COLOR; DIFFERENT ROOMS

The blog "Room Lust" likes to take one paint color, and then show how it works in different rooms and different lighting situations.  It's interesting how the mood can vary, depending on the setting.

Here's Benjamin Moore's historic color "Wythe Blue" used different ways.  It's one of those green/blues beloved by designers.  It's got even more green in it than my favorite B. Moore blue-- a true robin's egg.  It can look traditional, or midcentury modern-- they even used it in "Mad Men"!

https://roomlust.wordpress.com/2015/02/02/benjamin-moore-wythe-blue/benjamin-moore-wythe-blue-3.png

Wasn't that laundry room heavenly?  If only my dank, dungeon-like laundry room could transform into that...

I also like the quirky, ethereal dining room a lot, with its off- set dining table, casual lanterns, and slightly bohemian, "undone" quality.  But not the giant urn-like pot on the floor... 

Benjamin Moore really knows how to do robin's egg blue, I think...

Frequent Contributor

Re: ONE PAINT COLOR; DIFFERENT ROOMS

I hear you about your dank, dark, laundry room. Beautiful color. It's a "Martha" color.  Of course you know there is only one "Martha". Love the color.

Respected Contributor

Love that mirror. That color blue is is so calming. Would use it but we will be moving. Maybe next house.

Honored Contributor

I love the wall color.

Not wild about the trim paint in the first pic, too taupe-y.  But love it with the white or a cream trim color.

Valued Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

The blog "Room Lust" likes to take one paint color, and then show how it works in different rooms and different lighting situations.  It's interesting how the mood can vary, depending on the setting.

Here's Benjamin Moore's historic color "Wythe Blue" used different ways.  It's one of those green/blues beloved by designers.  It's got even more green in it than my favorite B. Moore blue-- a true robin's egg.  It can look traditional, or midcentury modern-- they even used it in "Mad Men"!

https://roomlust.wordpress.com/2015/02/02/benjamin-moore-wythe-blue/benjamin-moore-wythe-blue-3.png

Wasn't that laundry room heavenly?  If only my dank, dungeon-like laundry room could transform into that...

I also like the quirky, ethereal dining room a lot, with its off- set dining table, casual lanterns, and slightly bohemian, "undone" quality.  But not the giant urn-like pot on the floor... 

@Oznell wrote:

Love the laundry room but how impractical is that cupboard?? I assume you can hang clothes on the rods but you could never get to anything in the cupboard itself.

Honored Contributor

@In-x-s  I agree the rack is in the way of the shelving when it's in use.  Looks like it also blocks the sink/countertop when it's down. 

Honored Contributor

It's  a very good, pleasant, versitile color.

I wish people wouldn't feel they must quote and repeat those puctures over and over.  Once is enough; we've all seen them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

What is that ladder thingie & function?????

Screen_Shot_2019-05-21_at_Tue__May_21__2019-9_48_50_PM.png

confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Love that paint color, also the laundry room, that ladder is to dry things on or hang.

Love the light fixture which I would switch for the kitchen chandelier.  Very nice...

Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac  To hang clothes taken out of the dryer. Seems odd to me. If/when clothes are hanging there, entrance to anything in the cupboard would be blocked. Give me a regular clothing rod mounted from the ceiling. It always available, is out of the way and would be hung at whatever height is perfect for me! My husband always put one up for me in every laundry room we've had. They are priceless IMO. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.