Esteemed Contributor

Re: OMG Goose Creek Candles!!!

On 2/15/2015 tobias said:

I burned two more of my new candles yesterday - the orange vanilla and the old time lemonade. So far I have loved the cranberry vanilla and the blueberry cake donut. Anyway, started burning the orange vanilla and at first it smelled very pleasant. After about an hour it had sort of a burnt smell to it. was disappointed as I was looking forward to this candle. I then burned the lemonade which is a very nice frangrance - not too strong - but something I was enjoying. Anyway. when I blew out the lemonade I noticed black bits in the wax. I poured this out and realized the illumalid I had on both candles was burnt on the bottom! I guess I should have waited until the candles burnt down a bit before putting the topper on since these candles have two wicks.. I then realized I wasn't smelling the burnt smell from the orange vanilla candle but rather from the underside of the topper! this morning I relit the orange vanilla without the illumalid on it and it smells delicious! live and learn...Still waiting for my dark vanilla bean and honesuckle to arrive..also ordered a balsam fir which will be put away for next winter.

Thanks for the report. I am still hoping to check at Tues Morning for this, and if not, I will order it eventually. I'm well stocked on candles and even still have some Slatkin from years ago now. I really do want to try the orange vanilla, though.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for this info. I still have a bunch of Slatkin candles to use up, but I am going to send in an order for these. They seem reasonably priced and have good reviews. I was so disappointed in the E.D. candles QVC are selling. I never had candles smell so good in the box and give no scent when burning.

Honored Contributor

i'm so tired of getting duds from Bath and Body works-the wick is in a pool of wax with a dot of flame on top...........i've been piling them up to return to store-4 now.

I've already thrown out at least 5 over the last few months so I am going to the store to see what they tell me-if not-I'm writing the company-they have been more than kind and helpful in the past.

I will order from the goose site and hope for the best-I love scented candles.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Super Contributor

On 2/16/2015 catlover said:

i'm so tired of getting duds from Bath and Body works-the wick is in a pool of wax with a dot of flame on top...........i've been piling them up to return to store-4 now.

I've already thrown out at least 5 over the last few months so I am going to the store to see what they tell me-if not-I'm writing the company-they have been more than kind and helpful in the past.

I will order from the goose site and hope for the best-I love scented candles.

I think you'll be extremely happy - the sale is still on for now- I used to only buy YC but these far surpass them in scent and burn quality. just received the honeysuckle today but haven't tried it yet.. SHOPR I think you'll be very happy with the orange vanilla- its really nice

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am burning one at home right now, love it!!!!!!!!Very little soot with their candles as well. I am burning Apple Bourbon-smells yummy!.

Respected Contributor

I burned up a illumalid on a goosecreek too. I have to hit some of the stores you guys have gone to for some goosecreek. I really love their candles!

Esteemed Contributor

I found an orange vanilla at Tues. Morning. It was the only Goose Creek candle in the store, $8.99.

It smelled very good, so I bought it. I've burned it twice now, for an hour or two each time, and I'm sad to say that it must be a dud, because I can't smell it at all when it's burning.

I know I'm burning it long enough because it pools very quickly, and the other scents I have tried are fragrant in a short amount of time, well, all except Christmas Cookies.

Anyway, just wanted to update everyone on what I've experienced. There might have been something wrong with that batch, and that is why they ended up at Tues. Morning.

Super Contributor

On 2/18/2015 SHOPR said:

I found an orange vanilla at Tues. Morning. It was the only Goose Creek candle in the store, $8.99.

It smelled very good, so I bought it. I've burned it twice now, for an hour or two each time, and I'm sad to say that it must be a dud, because I can't smell it at all when it's burning.

I know I'm burning it long enough because it pools very quickly, and the other scents I have tried are fragrant in a short amount of time, well, all except Christmas Cookies.

Anyway, just wanted to update everyone on what I've experienced. There might have been something wrong with that batch, and that is why they ended up at Tues. Morning.

I got my orange vanilla from goose creek's website and i'm burning it now- the throw is fantastic -burning in my living room and can smell it in my bedroom..might have been a dud that you got. LISAB- I figured out the trick with the illumalid toppers- you have to let the goose creeks burn down a bit before using the topper because of the two wicks.. after they burn down a bit the toppers work great...

Super Contributor

Just got an email that they are having a 50% off sale....wax melts are 20% off.

Super Contributor

just received the dark vanilla bean today and I must say - this is the BEST vanilla candle I ever burned..some vanillas are so strong that they give me a headache..this is a lovely vanilla that permeates my whole house yet it is not one of those heavy vanillas that can be too strong. the throw is fantastic- only downside is that I ordered the 16 oz instead of the 26 oz by mistake- they are having a 50% off sale so I think i'm going to order another large jar as well as the apple bourbon!