Contributor

Re: OMG Goose Creek Candles!!!

Just placed my order and got the valentine sale. Can't wait to try them. Thanks!!!!
Super Contributor

I was going to try the melts as so many yummy fragrances there, but they do not seem to be 45% off. Is the sale just on candles or am I missing a code? The melts are on sale, but not 45% off.

Anyone use the melts? Do they really last that long? I am a huge Swan Creek fan, so need to know a comparison, I guess, plus I love a sale!

Super Contributor

babyb I don't think you are missing a code-only certain things on sale..just ordered a dark vanilla bean candle- its crazy - haven't bought a candle in at least 3 years -I was just using up my yankee candles and didn't intend to buy candles anymore but I love these goose creek so much and the fact that the wax pools in a few minutes means if I want to light a candle for a hour I don't have to worry about the candle tunneling. you really should give these a try-don't think you will be sorry..

Respected Contributor

I'm happy with mine too. I'm burning Cranberry Vanilla right now and just finished burning one whose name I can't quite remember. Something like Hot Toddy. Anyway that one was wonderful too. I have several that I ordered over the holidays, so I look forward to trying more scents from them.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Those scents sound yummy especially the cranberry vanilla. I'll have to check them out. Thanks. Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

Ugh. Tried their wax tarts and didn't like any of them. :-(

Super Contributor

I burned two more of my new candles yesterday - the orange vanilla and the old time lemonade. So far I have loved the cranberry vanilla and the blueberry cake donut. Anyway, started burning the orange vanilla and at first it smelled very pleasant. After about an hour it had sort of a burnt smell to it. was disappointed as I was looking forward to this candle. I then burned the lemonade which is a very nice frangrance - not too strong - but something I was enjoying. Anyway. when I blew out the lemonade I noticed black bits in the wax. I poured this out and realized the illumalid I had on both candles was burnt on the bottom! I guess I should have waited until the candles burnt down a bit before putting the topper on since these candles have two wicks.. I then realized I wasn't smelling the burnt smell from the orange vanilla candle but rather from the underside of the topper! this morning I relit the orange vanilla without the illumalid on it and it smells delicious! live and learn...Still waiting for my dark vanilla bean and honesuckle to arrive..also ordered a balsam fir which will be put away for next winter.

Trusted Contributor

I picked up 2 more large jars at Gordman's today, and with my rewards number, they were only $6 each! Score!
Super Contributor

On 2/15/2015 PeterDM said: I picked up 2 more large jars at Gordman's today, and with my rewards number, they were only $6 each! Score!

what scents did you get?

Trusted Contributor

On 2/16/2015 tobias said:
On 2/15/2015 PeterDM said: I picked up 2 more large jars at Gordman's today, and with my rewards number, they were only $6 each! Score!

what scents did you get?

I got 2 more of Winter Splendor. I like the masculine, spicy scents.