Honored Contributor

OLD WORLD SKI CONDO IN MONTANA

Wow, I've never heard of "The Yellowstone Club" in Big Sky, Montana.  (But then, why would lowly me have heard of it, ha.)  This is a condo in said "club", decorated by Palmer Weiss for Bay Area clients who love English, southern and European tradition.  So chintzes and cozy velvets abound amid the reclaimed wood and wall-spanning window views.  The designer said the chenille couch can take a beating, and the print carpet was meant for ski boots....

palmer-weiss-yellowstone-club-montana-great-room-jpg-1603724935.jpg

The deployment of antique portraits is so interesting.  This one is a 19th century portrait of Pocahontas:

palmer-weiss-yellowstone-club-montana-great-room-chandelier-jpg-1603731169.jpg

What could be more English than a huge antique doggie portrait:

palmer-weiss-yellowstone-club-montana-entry-jpg-1603726357.jpg

I think the deep, ebonized wood works so well in the kitchen because the condo is so flooded with light.

palmer-weiss-yellowstone-club-montana-kitchen-jpg-1603730866.jpg

palmer-weiss-yellowstone-club-montana-ochre-bedroom-jpg-1603726689.jpg

Cozy.  I think they said the walls in this guest room were a deep, smoky green, although I can't tell on my monitor.

palmer-weiss-yellowstone-club-montana-green-guest-room-jpg-1603726481.jpg

And here's the master bedroom.  Coffee on that terrace would be nice, if chilly:

palmer-weiss-yellowstone-club-montana-master-bedroom-jpg-1603726653.jpg

Although not my style, I enjoy seeing design that doesn't necessarily go for the obvious.  To me, it's a rather interesting marriage of a luxe-loving European sensibility, with a refreshing Alpine outlook.

Trusted Contributor

Re: OLD WORLD SKI CONDO IN MONTANA

This is just plain gorgeous! Wow!

Honored Contributor

It's very interesting & different to see these furnishings in this setting. The furnishings don’t seem to “fit” the setting  to me, but as long as the occupants are happy, that’s all that matters. The views are spectacular, but the furnishings, prints, & colors aren’t my style.

Valued Contributor

I love it with the exception of the purple sofa and ottoman in the 2nd pic. Beautiful home. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

Woof, woof!  That doggie picture has my name all over it.  I love it. 

The rest is fine for a visit, but I wouldn't choose it for my home.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

FYI

Membership @$300,000
Annual Fee $37,00
Must own property withinin the grounds $2,000,000 to $25,000,000

Esteemed Contributor

Whew! There are certainly a lot of interesting elements to admire.😍 I would love to TOUR this home, but could not live there comfortably.

The kitchen cabinetry, while smartly done, is a tad too dark for me. I favor an open concept, with bright colors. The photo of the BEAUTIFUL bedroom in the last photo, is a space I would love to escape to at the end of a long day. 😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

This is beautiful @Oznell .  I like everything except for the purple couch and the couch that's under the dogs' portrait.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Many truly lovely elements and a few I'd have skipped. Interestingly enough, I very much like the kitchen, though it wouldn't be my usual choice. Lovely views... I very much like many of the fabric choices. Not much of a fan of how the living area came together, though I do like most of the elements...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think the traditional furnishings, fabrics and accessories seem totally out of place in this very contemporary home.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment