Esteemed Contributor

Re: Now that Lisa is gone, I sincerely hope that QVC will

I agree with you, mominohio. I hope QVC is reading and listening and will continue to offer items with this more sophisticated look. I knew what you meant in your OP. Yes, quality will be hit or miss no matter who presents the items, since they are all coming from the same sources, unless QVC finds new sources.

I am one who likes the little-more-country style of many of Valerie's items best, but I am thoroughly enjoying the LR gold sequined and glittered icicle trees, the set that does not light up. There are items from each collection that I don't like, but I like having the different choices. I'm with brii, though, about the total price including the high s&h being a deterrent.

I am also really wishing I had ordered the champagne cedar picks for my tree. I ultimately talked myself out of any of the picks because I thought they'd really be over the top for my basic tree with its random ornaments. Now that the tree is finished, I can better visualize how I think the picks would've worked after all.

As for who I'd like to see host the LR-type decor line, I really don't have a preference other than to say that to some of us, the voice does matter. Many of the hosts' voices get really loud or otherwise annoying after a short time of watching. I can and do either lower the volume or use mute, but it isn't quite the same.

Respected Contributor

Lisa and Valerie are both effective presenters. The holday decorating styles they showed sort of represented two ends of the spectrum. My personal decorating style falls somewhere in between so I found things I liked in both. While some items do seem overpriced compared to what I see in my local stores, other items seem reasonably priced even when including shipping and handling. I agree that I would like QVC to continue to have both styles. What I would hate is for QVC to split up all of the items that Lisa would normally present and try to integrate one or two into each host's shows.

Honored Contributor

Our home is usually casual and I enjoy a more "country feel" most of the year. However, this year for this holiday season, I am enjoying a more sophisticated look by using some of Lisa's items. Either way... I do hope the Q will continue with similar...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Contributor

SOPHISTICATION? YOU MEAN ? THINGS YOU CAN GET A ""THE DOLLAR STORE""......

Honored Contributor

On 12/13/2014 Marsha2003 said:

Lisa and Valerie are both effective presenters. The holday decorating styles they showed sort of represented two ends of the spectrum. My personal decorating style falls somewhere in between so I found things I liked in both. While some items do seem overpriced compared to what I see in my local stores, other items seem reasonably priced even when including shipping and handling. I agree that I would like QVC to continue to have both styles. What I would hate is for QVC to split up all of the items that Lisa would normally present and try to integrate one or two into each host's shows.

Marsha, I agree with everything you posted. I have two distinct styles in my home and I have always found things in Valerie's offering that I like, but it seems like a lot of the things that suit my styles that Valerie used to bring are now the rarity. You hit the nail on the head with mentioning splitting up what would be "a Lisa show" items among many decor shows. They would be harder to find, and lessen the impact that those sets and presentations made.

Honored Contributor

On 12/13/2014 lunaloca said:

SOPHISTICATION? YOU MEAN ? THINGS YOU CAN GET A "THE DOLLAR STORE"......

Please see post #8, as I explained that while the products my be "inexpensive" or "cheap" by some people's standards, they have a more sophisticated LOOK than other Q offerings.

I purchased a number of things this year at Dollar Tree, (and it doesn't get much more dollar store than that), and when mixed with expensive sleighs and things I purchased from small local shops and Valerie and Lisa offerings, and some thrift store finds, I created a very elegant vignette (several actually). So price isn't so much what I'm talking about, as the look of elegance, or sophistication.

Super Contributor

Valerie's items were more colorful. Those sold on the Lisa shows were more neutral in color and far less "seasonal"......white, beige, bland....for those who do not like any color.

Honored Contributor

It is difficult for me to stay with one style every year. Most times I can control my urges to change colors. Some years I think I will choose styles that are year-round (almost), just to dodge the storing and dragging-out issue.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I would also like to see this type of show continue but would have to have a host who had the same passion and actually decorates that way in their own home. Maybe they will hire someone who has the same decorating style and passion. Mostly I want the little white birds with feathers to come back and a variety of sizes in the heavily flocked white trees to return. Like another poster said, don't want these items in a mixed bag show that I seldom watch anyway.
Frequent Contributor

I love the holiday season, and love to watch decorating shows. Lisa's holiday decorating shows were gorgeous.......she has great style. When you see snaps of her home.....that style of decorating is carried throughout her home....as well as her furnishings match the high style Christmas decorations. IMO.....if you decorate like that, the whole house has to support that over the top type Christmas décor.

My holiday decorating style is traditional and simpler, for sure.....LOL. I am a huge fan of red at the holidays......as well I am a big fan of bows at the holidays. I guess I am truly my mother's daughter.......LOL. My mom decorated our trees with white lights and red bows for years........even before bows were were all the rage at the holiday. She said with six children.....it saved her nerves from having to worry about glass ornies falling off the tree and being broken....big time giggle!!