Esteemed Contributor

Re: Now I've Seen Everything...

[ Edited ]

My favorite fly zapper of all time ( seriously ) looks like a kids pop gun (maybe 4"), has a plastic target with a string that you load into barrel.  It works!  Used to buy at Restoration Hardware but have ordered a bunch ( family loves them; especially kids) from Amazon (flyblaster bug gun).

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 

@Desertdi 

We use those. They work pretty good. When DH sits out back smoking a cigar he has one of those he swings around to keep flies & mosquitoes away. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

There are so many items like that available on the market that are just such a waste of money IMO. Anything for a buck. LOL!!! I'm not buying.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw this earlier, then went looking for ratings.

On Amazon, 297 reviews, 72% are 5 stars, 15% 4

stars.  

"These really work. When eating outside a few flies will line up about five feet from the device then fly away. My dog sits next to me on the ground by the table. I bought two so one is on the table near him to keep the flies from buzzing around him. If you like dining outside restaurants these are easy to bring along. They really work well and are totally quiet."

Lisa Rinna Fly Fan 1

Esteemed Contributor

Tabletop fly fans have been around for quite awhile and work very well at a reasonable cost for those who want to enjoy their yards and eat outside. Zapper rackets also work and help solve a problem when you live in an area with lots of flies in a different way. I don't understand negative comments on products that commentators have no experience with or need for, or who even knew they were available.  Those of us that have the products seem happy with them.  I am.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624

Do you remember the ones a couple years back, that looked sorta like an electrified  badminton racquet?   

Somebody actually gave me one as a Christmas gift.......SERIOUSLY.    di

@Desertdi  

I bought one like that at WalMart, works great and I've been using it for at least 6 years.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Tabletop fly fans have been around for quite awhile and work very well at a reasonable cost for those who want to enjoy their yards and eat outside. Zapper rackets also work and help solve a problem when you live in an area with lots of flies in a different way. I don't understand negative comments on products that commentators have no experience with or need for, or who even knew they were available.  Those of us that have the products seem happy with them.  I am.

@mspatmac   Please point out a negative comment.  I don't see any.  I'm just amazed that such a device exists. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I think your post sounds derisive.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

@Kachina624 I think your post sounds derisive.  

@Jk9    That is sooooo interesting. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  Not from you, and perhaps I shoud have used the work mocking rather than negative. (reread my post)