Respected Contributor

Re: Now I'm convinced it's me!

I feel so lucky that I finished furnishing my house before the last economic downturn that put so many of my favorite stores and craftsmen out of business.  I don't know where I would go if I needed new furniture today.  

Honored Contributor

@151949

Hmmmm interesting about Haverty's because this was my next choice. The store they are from is the same chain (west coast under different name). 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a Sherrill sofa for ten or fifteen years and replaced it last year with another Sherrill sofa.  I purchased it from a locally owned furniture store.  It's excellent quality.  I would highly recommend this brand.

There was nothing wrong with my old sofa when I replaced it except that it needed reupholstering, and I wanted a different style.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

We even have an Amish Furniture Store in Albuquerque and we're pretty far removed from Amish Country. 

These stores are usually resellers. DutchCrafters in FL is a big reseller but their markups are HUGE.  They resell mostly items from Holmes Co Ohio builders.

There is a local Amish owned woodworking retail store close to me, very modest. No advertising, no website and no credit cards.