Trusted Contributor

Re: Now I know why they call it High Efficiency Washer

I have a Whirlpool front loader and love it.

Honored Contributor

In 2008 we bought the only washer and dryer small enough to fit in the world's smallest laundry room.  It was Fridgidaire HE front loaders with the drawers you can add underneath.  They worked very well until the washer's computer panel went kaput under warranty... they came, replaced the panel and the units have been great since 2008, including a move in 2011 into a laundry room even smaller (I measured!) for 7 years.....

BUT,  where we are now most appliances are included in the sale of a used house and we are selling our home so my old Frigidaires are included.  If things work out ok, we'll be buying a new house in town that doesn't include a washer or dryer so I've been wondering about what we should get.  Our son has a Maytag with a huge washing drum, which we've been enjoying using (while living in our Motorhome).   But I do love the front loaders especially with the drawers to bring them up higher.  I've found if I crack the door to the washer an inch and pull out the drawer an inch, it dries out the interior and rubber seals and I have never had a stink issue.  I still wipe down the interior and the rubber but its never been an issue....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

When I had an HE washer, I tricked it to using more water by setting it to Heavy. My friend who has a home beauty salon said the HE washer will not remove the hair from her towels.

bought a Speed Queen and now happy. You can open the washer at any time during the cycle. 

Respected Contributor

By the way, you have managed to make a frustrating situation humorous. Enjoying the light-hearted banter. (Wish that would solve our issue!). Thank you