Honored Contributor

Not to make light of COVID-19, but

I do have cleaner doorknobs than I've had in quite some time.

Just looking for a silver lining.  I really hope everyone stays healthy.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Not to make light of COVID-19, but

Good for you @GingerPeach ....always good to stay balanced and have a sense of humor!  Enjoy those shiny doorknobs!

Honored Contributor

Good news: the mens bathrooms at Dallas Mavericks games have been having lines out the door....because men are finally starting to wash their hands! 

Esteemed Contributor

I think people are more aware now of conscientious approaches to prevention, as much as possible.

The public has been better educated about the need for good handwashing, sanitizing surfaces, use of hand sanitizer, voluntary and involuntary quarantine, etc. 

These strategies are needed during any contagious outbreak, and I think society will be proactive much sooner moving forward. Less people will become sick because of these practices.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Hopefully these standards of cleanliness stay with most people.  I have always been an avid handwasher due to my healthcare field.  It is so important for everyone and every business to follow this protocol, especially food service workers!    I wonder if there is any link to that way of spreading the virus?!

Honored Contributor

this whole thing is not new to me---had to do the almost exact types of preventative things when I was going thru chemo--stay away from groups of people, sick or well, swab down the touchables in my house, watch for fevers and anything out of the normal for me, wash hands and don't shake hands or hug---most of it I still do, at least the cleaning part. And another one was-- don't eat anything that has been in the open like samples or buffets----and scrub down the fruit veggies too. Must have helped as I was NEVER sick during treatments----

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecessthat is funny.  Imagine, men washing their hands.  Hope they used soap.

Honored Contributor

3145605E-83BD-4A4D-A929-38C42707FCB4.jpeg

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's right.  I didn't think about the fact this is all familiar.  That is probably what has caused me to no longer like buffets and potlucks.  Open pans of food spook me now.    I still have a blood cancer, so I am fighting not becoming paranoid about this virus.  It is all the things they have taught us about staying healthy while dealing with the cancer world.  

"this whole thing is not new to me---had to do the almost exact types of preventative things when I was going thru chemo--stay away from groups of people, sick or well, swab down the touchables in my house, watch for fevers and anything out of the normal for me, wash hands and don't shake hands or hug---most of it I still do, at least the cleaning part. And another one was-- don't eat anything that has been in the open like samples or buffets----and scrub down the fruit veggies too. Must have helped as I was NEVER sick during treatments----"

Janet in Georgia