Trusted Contributor

Re: Not ready for fall decorating but....

@Mominohio@My favorite is your clock.

Honored Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

@Mominohio@My favorite is your clock.

@Chicagosuburbangirl

Thanks! I got that clock at JC Penney a number of years ago. I still love it as much today as the day I got it. I kind of have a clock 'thing'. I have one in just about every room, some are old family heirlooms, some are new but look old. 

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

So why would a truck be considered fall decorating?   

There must be a story that it reminds you of fall.

@Just Bling

The truck is new from VPH's fall line and just arrived in the last week. She brought these in for fall, but they are definitely great for all seasons. 

Spoiler
@Mominohio Yes, you could fill the back of the truck with something pertaining to that season. I would keep it out all year.
Respected Contributor

The truck definitely looks like a year-round piece to me.  Good job pulling it together with the other elements.

Honored Contributor

The truck looks good there.  The white is very versatile.

Trusted Contributor

mominohio,  I heard Valerie  say in her last shows that  "blue is coming back in a big way",  so there you have it.

Honored Contributor

I buy the first big pumpkin I see, put it in the garden beds in front of the house, and keep buying them when I see others I want!  I might put a wreath on the door, and that's about it. 

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio

Thanks, that is so funny, used to have a store years ago and sold metal one's just like that and who would of known VPH comes out with a fall decor piece and a similar truck is in style.

Usually these are pieces guys put in a case on their wall.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio ~~ I love the little bear in the truck, and the other baby teddy in the lantern, so cute!  No worries about your vignette looking too fall(ish).   In another few weeks, you'll add your fall touches.  I also love your regulator wall clock!  Enjoy your little white truck!

Esteemed Contributor

I like the whole pulled together look you've got going on there @Mominohio and I LOVE that picture on your wall!

I just decorated my dining room table for fall yesterday.  I know it's early, but I couldn't resist.  It's my favorite season to decorate for and my favorite season in general.  When DH got home from work he said, "You're kidding, right?"  Hahaha  I guess mid August is a bit early.  Oh well..........