Trusted Contributor
I like some of the decor. I love pink but this is too much for me. I would have framed out the wall paper in smaller doses.
Respected Contributor

I like this style of decorating (I'm a Victorian at heart), but the wallpaper needs to be a different pattern.  I have a small room with wallpaper that has cameo shapes with a small flower in the center of each cameo repeating down the wall in a stripe design and off white background space that I can see in this room.  Double globe hurricane lamp and different ceiling light fixture would be nice.

I have a large cameo locket on a long chain my mother gave me 50 years ago and I still wear it.

Honored Contributor

Very sweet. I like the elements, but that's a bit too much of the salmon pink tone.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

To be very honest, looking again to see what I didn't like, the whole thing just looks yellowed and dusty and dingy to me.  Like there should be spider webbs hanging.  That's why I said it looked like something from way back before.  Yes, it looks Victorian, and to me like it has been hanging around since then!  LOL!!

Isn't that funny how differently we all react to things?  I was getting the feeling Miss Havisham's wedding cake was just down the hall too!  

I guess we form these mental pictures early in life and they stay hidden up there until something like a scent or a picture triggers them.  Anyway, I have had a good laugh this morning at my own expense!  

Esteemed Contributor

Too much color for me for a bedroom.

Honored Contributor

@Ohiosuz wrote:

I love the room especially the color and the coordinating linens and rug. The only thing I would change for my taste is the wallpaper. It distracts from the rest of the room and makes the room look smaller since the ceiling is also in a darker color. Perhaps a border at the top of the wall made from the wallpaper would give you the additional interest that you wish to achieve in your Sweet Cameo room. Great job!Man Very Happy

@Ohiosuz 

Hello!

Just to be clear, this is not a room in my house.  It's just a picture that I found to discuss in the forum.  That's why when you see comments, they may seem a bit "over the top" for some.  People know that it's not my room, so everyone can say what they really think of it without hurting anyone's feelings.  

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

The wallpaper is just too much, but I love the rug!

agree @CANDLEQUEEN - Rug really caught my eye. 

Respected Contributor

It is blinding!