Honored Contributor

Re: Nor’easters and quilting

@Lilysmom

WOW-GOREGEOUS!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1wrote:

@Lilysmom

So beautiful!!!!  A talent I wish I had!!  I have a quilt that my dad bought me over 40 years ago when we used to go to Amish fair every year in Kutztown, PA.

My good friend gave me a beautiful quilt when I moved into this house.  

Don't know if you keep the ones you make but I do know I always think of the many hours of work they take to make & craft when I snuggle up in mine!!!😊

@homedecor1wrote:

@Lilysmom

So beautiful!!!!  A talent I wish I had!!  I have a quilt that my dad bought me over 40 years ago when we used to go to Amish fair every year in Kutztown, PA.

My good friend gave me a beautiful quilt when I moved into this house.  

Don't know if you keep the ones you make but I do know I always think of the many hours of work they take to make & craft when I snuggle up in mine!!!😊

@homedecor1.  Ah, a trip down memory lane.  I graduated from Kutztown University.  One summer a couple of friends and I ran a watermelon booth at the folk festival.  I wonder if they still have it?

@Lilysmom.  Your next Nor'easter is racing through my neighborhood today.  All we're getting is wind with gusts up to 70mph.  It'll get worse as it goes East.  Just think, if you hadn't had to do all that clean up, you might be finished with the quilt.  It's beautiful and so nicely done.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely beautiful quilt!  I admire your talent so much!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for sharing! Your quilting is beautiful - and every stitch looks so perfect! I can only imagine the wonderful feeling of accomplishment you must have when you finish one of your beautiful quilts!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom   Your work is absolutely gorgeous.   Thanks for sharing with us I so appreciate your talents.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, wow, @Lilysmom. This is stunning. You have a great talent. Once winter is over for you, and it will...eventually...but then your hands will be busy outdoors. Thanks for sharing with us.

Trusted Contributor

What beautiful work you do!!  I've always admired quilters...I'm with the poster who said she can't even sew on a button...that's me!!

My sister sews a lot...she doesn't make quilts, but has sewn curtains for her house and has made me placemats and tablerunners over the years.  I did not inherit that gene! 

It must give you great pleasure to be able to have a wonderful project like that to make the winter pass a little quicker, although I bet the winters in Nova Scotia must be beautiful!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tigriss, I have always wanted to see a quilting machine in action.  My friend gets hers done that way.  They turn out really nice.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Wiscfan3, that is beautiful!  I usually gift my quilts to family.  I have enough now.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@KitTkat, I am ready to be in the garden again.  We need it to warm up.  Hoping this system is the last snow for this year but I think that might be overly optimistic🙄!  LM