Respected Contributor

Anyone else use one for quick pickup?

Honored Contributor

Re: Non electric carpet sweeper

Yes. I have an ancient Bissell sweeper. Have had it so long that I've replaced the brush rolls several times. Works great but it's sort of a pain to clean out the dog hair which gets wrapped around the brush roll.

Honored Contributor

We had one in our former home and need to get one here.  I think it is a very useful tool.

Trusted Contributor

I do and probably use it more than I should. I need to get out the real vacuum to deep clean.

Honored Contributor

I have a small version and wish I could find one of the larger older versions. It's a nice option for between vacuumings. The 'power' ones that require charging are a pain and I've not found they do a very good job.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I only WISH I had my grandma's old gray Bissell sweeper for quick pickups! They don't make 'em like that anymore.

But I did get a wonderful Bissell "stick" cleaner for our cottage this summer, and liked it so much, I use it for the house, too. We only have two adjacent rooms carpeted (for the pets), anyway. In the rest of the rooms, the hardwood's exposed, so there's no need to fire up the big one. And what ends up in that canister isn't on the floor or carpet. That's all I need for a quick pickup.

A lot of people don't have thick/deep-pile carpeting, so these sweepers--electric, or not--are perfect for just "vacuuming" only as far as your MIL can see 😬 lol!

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

I have cats and litter tracked through the house can kill a vacuum. Currently I have a really old dirt devil, roomba, shark stick vacuum. Bought a Bissell stick with a hand vac on the stick. It seems to always having issues with the beater brush which shuts it off until it is dismantles and cleaned. I find my old Bissell carpet sweeper is reliable, lightweight and picks up enough for everyday. Yes, for deep cleaning I haul out the dirt devil. If I ever want to tussle with another robot roomba style I think I'd look at the new shark version.

Respected Contributor

Those beater brushes are a pain, especially if you have pets, as we do.

That's why I love the Bissell stick I got for in-between vacuuming and quick pickups--NO beater brush👍. It just sucks up everything.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

Yes, I have a Bissell Natural Sweep.  Bought it in Wal Mart about 2 1/2 years ago.  I have hardwood floors in the main living area with a couple of area rugs and carpet in bedrooms.  I use this often because I don't want to drag out the electric vacume. 

I think it works pretty well for light pickup - cat hair and dust and small debris.  Think I paid about $30 for it and I'm getting my money's worth out of it.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing