Honored Contributor

Re: Non-Conventional Craftsman Kitchen Update

@jubilant,  fantastic!   You found the picture of a kitchen that I used as inspiration when we were doing a minor remodel and painting of our kitchen a few years ago!

I was already considering Benjamin Moore's historic "Van Alen Green" for my wall color, and this kitchen's use of "Van Alen Green"--  but on the cabinets, not the walls--  clinched it for me.  We did the walls in that, and the cabinets in B. Moore's "Baby Fawn", a very light, creamy greige.

I've never tired of those two colors-- they made the kitchen light and airy, and cheerful even on drabbo winter days.

Respected Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

Where is the refrigerator?

I think it's at the far end of the room and has cabinet panels.  Looks nice.

Valued Contributor

@jubilant Love the entire kitchen.

@spent2much Certain models of dishwashers and refrigerators come so that you can have wooden cabinetry attached to the front. Makes for a seamless look. Problem is when you have to replace your dishwasher, and the cabinet maker no longer does the work, or doesn't have the same wood or finish, then what? 

Valued Contributor

I have the cabinetry panels on my refer and dishwasher, I think you would just order another appliance that accepts panels.  The space you have available for the appliances in your layout remains the same and mine are standard size appliances.  

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

I could do without the light fixture and I would only trip on that rug, but the rest of it is quite pleasant.

Not a lot of "work space" if you cook, but still very pleasant.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Love the huge stove/range along with the sink. Looks it might be soapstone. My sister has a soapstone sink, it is huge and beautiful.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful kitchen minus the rug..and the chandelier can stay till I find a replacement.

Respected Contributor

I have that sink (Shaw) in my kitchen, just like that and two of them.  Except my cabinets are cream with bronze fixtures.  I did not put in the kitchen, original owners did.  I was told she was going for french country look.

Respected Contributor

It is a pretty kitchen, but an impractical one.  The three main elements, i.e., stove, sink and refrigerator are too far apart for efficiency.  That table in the center of the galley kitchen would cause too much walking around it.  A rug in the kitchen? 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

It's nice but not for me.  I'm not a lover of green....especially this shade.  I would have to replace the stove/oven, rug and the chandelier too.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown