Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I had no sofa in my small apartment but do have 2 big leather arm chairs and a rocker---and i never use that room because there is no sofa--a sofa anchors a room, in my mind anyway--so i ordered one and it is now in my space in 4 huge boxes waiting to be put together. Can't wait --I had to donate my sofas due to a move from a big house to this tiny apartment----

Please post about your assembly experience!  Now that the stores are gone and we have to shop online, so much assembly required!

Honored Contributor

Well--- after not having a sofa in my new apartment,  for 3 months--I did buy one and DS came over and put it together for me. Have to say---WELCOME NEW COUCH----- I have missed youWoman Wink---had 2 leather arm chairs, an antique rocker and my stripey cats "kitty" condo plus a huge TV in there--- but really no place to sit and just watch TV---best of all--stripey cat LOVES it too!!!  Am a certifiable couch person!!!!!  Now need some pillows and comfy throws for it----feels more like home now!!

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe ---well assembly was pretty easy--for my son--don't think i could heft  all those pieces together--no screws or bolts just things that fit  in slots that lock into place. And no tools needed.  Mine came in 4 boxes--1 seat in each of 3 boxes than the 4th one had the arms. I bought a reclining 3 seat sofa--each seat reclines separately.  I ordered in from Overstock on a Monday and got it that Friday---

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl I need one of those sons!  Or more likely, will buy assembled...

How do you like the couch?  Was it what you expected from the description?  Is it comfy?

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe --Yep the son is a good one---Woman Happy The couch is quite comfy--looks exactly as the one in the picture---wasn't sure what to expect being a reclining couch but it is very comfy that way too--color was true to the pic--kind of a medium grey background with  darker grey mottled splotches, high back, with arms that are squared off and tailored. And no  cushions. And it was the right size for my space----am I over the moon with it??--No, but is very acceptable.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl thanks for your explanation. I think I know the type of couch you are describing.  Enjoy it in good health!