Honored Contributor

No Reviews Available- Shark Slim DuoClean V38475 (Feb TSV). HELP🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

No reviews as this item states "not available" but why no reviews????  Anyway, I'm perplexed so if anyone purchased maybe you can advise or help me!!! I'm so frustrated🤬

1) No longer have pets but do have hardwood & tile floors except rugs in bedrooms

2) When received (see pics below) was not assembled --  I found brush it in the bottom of the shipping box, Was going to return since came disassembled or was possibly damaged.  Then figured out how to assemble & give it a try☹️ 

CB77E683-6A86-4558-B8E1-A49D72D11F22.jpeg2979FE2F-92FB-4161-BD50-B08911C5C7F6.jpeg

Now here's the kicker>>>

There is very little any debris in the cup🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ And I know my home isn't "spotless".  When I use on rugs never seems like it has suction and of course, no lines as I had with my other vacumn.

Needless to say, I'm disappointed and more ...I think this is a "lemon" or I'm using it wrong.  I've read the booklet and  I have it assembled correctly😉 Certainly does not perform as the vendor & video show☹️☹️

Any suggestions ...I threw away the box but I will return.

Anyone buy it and can give me your review/opinion...thank you🙂

@qvcsocialteam@qvc.com or others 

Homedecor1🌷

Honored Contributor

Re: No Reviews Available- Shark Slim DuoClean V38475 (Feb TSV). HELP🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

@homedecor1 

Looks like it's damaged to me. You shouldn't have to assemble a vacuum cleaner at all. I would return it.

Honored Contributor

Is it the first time you used It?  Is there a 1-800 number on the booklet.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

No I've used it for awhile🤷‍♀️

I forgot to add in my OP I just had all carpets removed and put in hardwood style flooring.  

Maybe, I'm just used to having a kitty, litter box (who passed in March) and there are only 2 of us. (I'm neurotic I wipe my kitchen floor which is ceramic hardwood look tile every night after dinner).

My spouse thinks I'm a clean freak & "neurotic" to be perplexed 😉

Honored Contributor

Often when an item is no longer available and they don't anticipate getting more, they just don't post reviews.  Have you checked the Amazon website? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thank you @Kachina624 couldn't find it on "A".

BUT found lots of reviews on HSN who sold same model and more "bad" reviews than good.  Most state same as my dilemma bad suction or doesn't pick up☹️☹️

Gonna contact Qvcsocialteam & Shark ...

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 - If you look at the video for V38475, that's not the machine that your photos are showing.  Look at the brush in your photos compared to the solid roller at the front of V38475.

And you should never have had to assemble the brush head.  Something isn't right - I wonder if someone returned an older vacuum in the box and that's what you got sent.  Weird.

Definitely contact the CS team and find out what's going on.  I have a Shark Navigator Lift-Away and also the smaller DuoClean Upright.  Both of them clean very well.  Shark usually has either a 7 or 5-year warranty, also.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia 

Thank you I looked at the video and I thought the same about the rollers then I said "no" it's just me--

guess not!!

Im definitely going to reach out to social team again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 

So sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your Shark vacuum.  

I have had to snap a handle into place on both an Eureka and a Hoover vacuum but no real assembly.  But as I was telling another poster that asked for opinion about Shark this is my experience/opinion:

I think when they first came out in 1998 they were the best, but as the years went by the Sharks Ive bought (all corded) have only lasted a year to a year and a half and I had to replace them after that short time---no suction....They just didnt last, despite frequent cleaning of the dust bin and rollers, and washing filters etc according to the Manual.... I think their quality has gone downhill and they are relying on their past reputation to make sales.... JMHO Give us an update on how this all turns out...GOOD LUCK.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never put together a vacuum I purchased.  I love my Rocket vacuum by Shark.  Great for vacuuming but also has attachments for curtains, baseboards.  JUst a great lightweight vacuum.

kindness is strength