Honored Contributor

Nigella Lawson Christmas special on PBS

I just created a reminder for myself to watch the repeat showing of the Nigella Lawson Christmas special on PBS.  In my area, it's on 12/24 at 10 p.m.  Not sure about everyone else's areas.

Last year I bought her cookbook, and today I'm making the white chocolate cheesecake and a version of the chicken fricasee with marsala, chestmuts, and thyme.  I'm using leftover store-bought chicken.  

Here's a discussion we had about the special last year:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Holiday/Nigella-Lawson-Christmas-special-on-PBS/m-p/5146681#M57323

I hope the cheesecake turns out like this.  It's a no-bake recipe.

Image result for nigella lawson white chocolate cheesecake"

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nigella Lawson Christmas special on PBS

I used to watch her on Create TV, but had to stop watching  some years ago when I moved, and had to switch to Direct TV. Occasionally, I will watch PBS, so thanks for the heads up because I really like her effortless cooking style. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Hello, good to see you!

Really enjoy Nigella Lawson, always appreciate people who like to eat!  Folks who pick, pick like lil’ birds 🐦 Make me nervous.  I remember her talking about being in the fashion business and how she was the one with hips!  

We are a bit better here.  DH is up and about, sort of, I have some chest stuff going on.  Phinn had to make a vet visit yesterday, he will be fine, won’t say anymore as He will want to tell you all about it himself.

Thanks for the notice, Going to look for it.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Oh, those sound delicious.  I have one of her cookbooks too, @GingerPeach!  Love her gusto, and her making even the simplest meal an occasion.  I will look for her special.

Trusted Contributor

Loved watching her a few years back.

She is a beautiful, sensuous woman with a lust for life.

Honored Contributor

The cheesecake turned out nicely and, as a bonus, was very simple to put together.

Here's a piece on one of my new Harry Potter "spell" plates with a bit of ginger cookie sprinkled across the top.

cheesecake.JPG

Next time I'd add grated lemon peel for more flavor.  I also would not use the type of ginger cookies I used for the crust.  Nigella suggests regular ginger snap cookies and I had Tate's Ginger Zinger cookies on hand.  These include bits of dried ginger, which are great, but maybe too chewy for the type of crust someone might expect to bite into.  Tasty yet unexpected.  It's a matter of choice, of course.

Honored Contributor

She's one of my favorite cooking hosts.  She's s on only occasionally on the Food Network.  I have 3 recipes from her.  Easy to follow.

Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach  and ALL,  

You might check out  the radio program  SPLENDID TABLE  today.  12/1  <NPR/PBS> 

The show has an online website.   

Francis Lamb intereviews Nigella Lawson and shares her recipes on the website.  

She has an odd obsession of not having food to eat and I can relate to this feeling.   

CAT

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, @gacat123 

Apparently they aired her interview yesterday.  I found it online and am listening now.

ETA:  So no one misses gacat123's message

@songbird  @Chicagosuburbangirl  @Oznell  @Drythe  

@SandySparkles 

@Homegirl  and ALL,  

You might check out  the radio program  SPLENDID TABLE  today.  12/1  <NPR/PBS> 

The show has an online website.   

Francis Lamb intereviews Nigella Lawson and shares her recipes on the website.  

She has an odd obsession of not having food to eat and I can relate to this feeling.   

CAT

Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach  

Oh good, you found the Nigella Lawson interview.  

I think the show is aired on Saturday but repeats on Sunday afternoon in my area.   

Milk Street Radio  and  Splendid Table are usually part of my Sunday Afternoons!  

Love your nickname!  I am a happy homebody too.   <G> 

Thanks for the Nigella Christmas information, I will look for the program.  

CAT