Contributor

Re: Nice alternative to Hallmark Christmas movies

On 11/16/2014 mominohio said:
On 11/16/2014 kibbi said:

I love the UP channel. I haven't been watching lately because I don't care for Christmas movies. The rest of the year I enjoy their movies.

One of their movies was filmed here in Ohio Amish country.

Just my opinion....I think their movies are better than Hallmark channel.

Hi kibbi!

Nice to see a fellow Ohio poster on here! Do you actually live in the Holmes/Wayne county area? We spend a lot of time there. We live in a heavily Amish populated area in the Richland/Ashland/Morrow county area, but don't get all the great restaurants and shopping that are further south of here.

I have seen the movie that was filmed here several times, and always watch closely to pick out places I know I've been and seen. Do you know exactly what town they used for the scenes shot in town?

I am from Knox County, Ohio and am not far from Holmes, Ashland, etc. and have Dishnet and also watch Hallmark and UP, so much better than most stuff on tv today.
Honored Contributor

On 11/16/2014 ccassaday said: I like the hallmark movies. I just like the feel good g rated plots. Watched northpole last night. I think we are going to buy it for my six year old nephew.
I DO TOO! Never too much for me! I watched ""A Christmas Carol the musical"" yesterday for the first time and enjoyed it immensely. I'm going to check the schedule so I can hopefully watch it again from the beginning.
Esteemed Contributor

I have Verizon and I don't see UP. Anyone?

I like the Hallmark channel.

Honored Contributor

On 11/16/2014 gunnersmom said:
On 11/16/2014 mominohio said:

I love the UP channel. I haven't been watching lately because I don't care for Christmas movies. The rest of the year I enjoy their movies.

One of their movies was filmed here in Ohio Amish country.

Just my opinion....I think their movies are better than Hallmark channel.

Hi kibbi!

Nice to see a fellow Ohio poster on here! Do you actually live in the Holmes/Wayne county area? We spend a lot of time there. We live in a heavily Amish populated area in the Richland/Ashland/Morrow county area, but don't get all the great restaurants and shopping that are further south of here.

I have seen the movie that was filmed here several times, and always watch closely to pick out places I know I've been and seen. Do you know exactly what town they used for the scenes shot in town?

I am from Knox County, Ohio and am not far from Holmes, Ashland, etc. and have Dishnet and also watch Hallmark and UP, so much better than most stuff on tv today.

Hey gunnersmom!

We spend a lot of time in Mt. Vernon as well, as my mom was thinking of relocating there, and we come there to shop too. It isn't much farther for us than going up into Mansfield and Ontario. Mt Vernon has a great downtown for a smaller town, lots of fun places to shop there too, and we always hit some places on our way down to Dresden and Longaberger.

Super Contributor

I don't get 188 . Thanks for posting.

Regular Contributor

Hi mominohio,

I'm from the Cleveland area way up north! We love to visit Holmes Co. Beautiful! Two years ago we stayed at Honey Run Inn.

We get down to middle & southern Ohio a few times a year to visit family.

I'm not sure where that UP channel movie was filmed. I think Sugarcreek.

Honored Contributor

Hallmark is what I get so I try to catch some of their Christmas movies. I like looking at all the decorated homes. It must be fun to be a set decorator on Christmas movies.

Super Contributor

I like Hallmark Channel. With all the mess going on in the world, it is nice to tune in to those Christmas movies to escape for a little while. Yes some are too sappy but there are some that are good. What in the world is wrong with romance anyway? I will tune in to the UP channel to see what they have going on.

Honored Contributor

Hi mominohio,

I'm from the Cleveland area way up north! We love to visit Holmes Co. Beautiful! Two years ago we stayed at Honey Run Inn.

We get down to middle & southern Ohio a few times a year to visit family.

I'm not sure where that UP channel movie was filmed. I think Sugarcreek.

It looked like Sugarcreek to me as well. Thought I recognized some of the streets and buildings. They have a downtown district that sure looks like a lot of the scenes in the movie.

Valued Contributor

Another Ohio poster here, from the state capital, Columbus. I love going to Holmes Co./Amish country. It is close to a 2 hour drive from Columbus so we don't get to go as often as we would like, we try to go in the Spring and in the Fall but were unable to make it this Fall. I love the Hallmark Christmas movies, yes they are predictable and sometimes a little sappy but they are a welcome change from the all the real world of nothing but bad news, crime, all that kind of stuff. It is nice to be able to take a break and watch something heartwarming.