Esteemed Contributor

Living room - farmhouse living room idea in New York with a standard fireplace, a stone fireplace and gray walls
This may not be for everyone but I really like it.  Please feel free to say what you think.
Like I really had to tell you that!!!  Ha!

Respected Contributor

I'm confused. Is the TV behind the doors above the fireplace? Or, is it sitting in front of the fireplace?

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why people ever started putting their TV above the fireplace.  I like to look straight ahead to watch tv, not looking up.

Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling

Respected Contributor

The only thing I would add are curtains/drapes, I like privacy.  The room itself is lovely and spacious and I am OK with the hiding of  the TV!!!!!

Honored Contributor

TV is way to high....we have a beautiful field stone fireplace and I would never put a tv on the mantle.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jubilant  I find it hard to look at.  There is a brass fire screen, grey stone fireplace, and then wood white barn-door look hiding the tv.  Confusing to me.  I agree with @NickNack--no tv above the fireplace for me.  My neck hurts just thinking about it.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle wrote:

I'm confused. Is the TV behind the doors above the fireplace? Or, is it sitting in front of the fireplace?

I was thinking it was above the fireplace.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it's above the fire place. I love it! I may have to take a screenshot and add it to my wish list of ideas if I ever find my forever home!

Honored Contributor

None of my tvs are *eye level*, they are raised up a bit.  

But the barn doors are top heavy, overwhelming the whole room.

It's like a giant cuckoo clock waiting to happen.

Honored Contributor

Our tv in the den is above the fireplace on the mantel--a white wooden mantel and it is fine.  It is far enough away from the furniture that the angle is fine.

I don't see any reason now to hide a tv.  The flat screen ones are not obnoxious like the old huge ones, they are frameless, and don't look bad.

It is a piece of everyday life, and so you have a tv.  What's shameful about that?  We don't know what you watch!  Home.  Alone!  Woman Wink  Woman Very Happy