Honored Contributor

I love the idea of hiding the tv. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Trying to find something comfortable to sit on while watching TV.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I don't understand why people ever started putting their TV above the fireplace.  I like to look straight ahead to watch tv, not looking up.

We are thinking about doing this in our great room.  We would probably do away with the fireplace and bring the TV down with cabinet under it.  That is the way our entertainment center is now.  Bookcases on each end and tv in the middle with doors that can close it off at pretty much eye level.  It's a pretty big wall about 15 ft. wide with a vaulted ceiling.

Esteemed Contributor

Tv debate aside, I LOVE this room.  So pretty!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

None of my tvs are *eye level*, they are raised up a bit.  

But the barn doors are top heavy, overwhelming the whole room.

It's like a giant cuckoo clock waiting to happen.

I don't think it would overwhelm my room that we are thinking about doing this to. It is about 33ft. long and 21 ft. wide with a vaulted all wood ceiling.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why the fireplace is hidden. confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Yrs ago another  shopping channel had a lovely  wood  box with an Asian theme that  was for mounting on the wall to tuck your TV set in  as a camouflage. Wish I had bought it , as I have been looking for something like it ever since. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Nice Way To Hide The TV

[ Edited ]

Pretty way to hide the TV, but I don't see a good seat in the room for watching it.  It's up so high, and those uncomfortable looking sofas are perpendicular to it

Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

Pretty way to hide the TV, but I don't see a good seat in the room for watching it.  It's up so high, and those uncomfortable looking sofas are perpendicular to it

You're right.  I didn't even notice!  All the hullaballoo about hiding a flat screen and there's two uncomfortable loveseats or settees or whatever the heck they are and they aren't even facing the tv.  What do they owners do?  Bring out bean bag chairs?

Cuckoo Cuckoo

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I don't understand why the fireplace is hidden. confused.gif

Yes, Im scratching my head on that one, too? I like that emoticon. These days I do that a lot!