Valued Contributor

Re: News For Valerie's Sunday Show

Thank you, Lucy, for keeping me straight on what time the shows are and what is going to shown. I will plan my day so that I am home at 3. Those icy picks sound beautiful (like I need any more). I bought 6 sets of the as is flocked and sequined cedar white ones. I received just one box yesterday and I LOVE them. Such a bargain for a little over $17, including tax and shipping. 

Honored Contributor

@rosehill wrote:

Thank you, Lucy, for keeping me straight on what time the shows are and what is going to shown. I will plan my day so that I am home at 3. Those icy picks sound beautiful (like I need any more). I bought 6 sets of the as is flocked and sequined cedar white ones. I received just one box yesterday and I LOVE them. Such a bargain for a little over $17, including tax and shipping. 

I have Valerie on at 5-7 Central and Jill 2-4 Central.  I love those cedar picks and theres so many places to use them.  Glad you could get them at that good price too, always matters to me.  Pictures are up of the icy picks, H205993, but it looks more like a drawing, blk/wh. Hope we all can enjoy relaxing and watching the shows.

Honored Contributor

Well, guys, I checked out last night before we established yet more time zones, but it seems regardless, nothing was released for sale, boo. I was rolling on the floor again this morning, with all your antics. 

I have a suggestion. Next year for CIJ, lets all get together at one location, rent some rooms at a nice inn, and have a big party, and watch CIJ non stop. We can eat, (go swimming during the boring food shows) and drink the whole weekend away. 

I have extra brooms if anyone needs transportation.

I'm wondering if Valerie meant tonight at midnight when she originally posted, or, like others mentioned, they are holding them back so they don't sell out. I was one of the lucky few last year that got the champagne finials before they sold out without being presented.

And there is always the possibility that they didn't make it into inventory in time for the shows. I've seen it happen before with other products, and they don't  present them, even after advertising them. Could be a glitch and they might not get them on air or available till later in the season? (please don't throw rotten fruit because of this last statement).

At any rate, the vigil continues. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Well, guys, I checked out last night before we established yet more time zones, but it seems regardless, nothing was released for sale, boo. I was rolling on the floor again this morning, with all your antics. 

I have a suggestion. Next year for CIJ, lets all get together at one location, rent some rooms at a nice inn, and have a big party, and watch CIJ non stop. We can eat, (go swimming during the boring food shows) and drink the whole weekend away. 

I'm wondering if Valerie meant tonight at midnight when she originally posted, or, like others mentioned, they are holding them back so they don't sell out. I was one of the lucky few last year that got the champagne finials before they sold out without being presented.

And there is always the possibility that they didn't make it into inventory in time for the shows. I've seen it happen before with other products, and they don't  present them, even after advertising them. Could be a glitch and they might not get them on air or available till later in the season? (please don't throw rotten fruit because of this last statement).

No rotten apples.  :-)  Who know what's going on.  Your idea sounds like a hoot.  I can't imagine what a gathering that would be.  One thing for sure, it would be a fun event.  QVC would send someone there to make sure we had access to an ordering device.  We'll work on that.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

No rotten apples.  :-)  Who know what's going on.  Your idea sounds like a hoot.  I can't imagine what a gathering that would be.  One thing for sure, it would be a fun event.  QVC would send someone there to make sure we had access to an ordering device.  We'll work on that.  LOL

Can I come too???

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Can I come too???

Of course you may come along.  We have to find JPC, I haven't seen anything from her in awhile.  Hope she's ok and Mr Crazy too.

Trusted Contributor

Good morning, all.  I was a real CIJ trooper last night, as I stayed up til 4AM.  I JUST got out of bed. Anyway, stil no swirl finials.  Last night I purchased H205841 in both the Santa and the Snowman.  I think this is a fantastic deal for bells of this quality and price. The website was messed up, so I had to call in to order them.  When I spoke with the CS lady, I asked her to look up the item number for the swirl finials, hoping that she may have some backdoor access and at least be able to give me a price.  No dice.  She said it wasn't even in the system.  We'll just have to keep checking!

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Good morning, All, still no finials.  Sure glad I didn't keep waiting.  Valerie may have misspoke when she said they would be available to order at midnight.  It's possible, we all do that sometimes.

When Valerie said Saturday midnight, maybe she meant tonight, we will see.

Esteemed Contributor

It must be tonight @ midnight so now have to wait till Sunday to order. I don't think I can make it till midnight yet again. I hate this waiting, I wish they would just let us order! Their are several other items that are not up yet as well. Seems like this happens every year. I really don't like scheduling my day around the shows or risk not getting they ite or the color.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore wrote:
@It must be tonight @ midnight so now have to wait till Sunday to order. I don't think I can make it till midnight yet again. I hate this waiting, I wish they would just let us order! Their are several other items that are not up yet as well. Seems like this happens every year. I really don't like scheduling my day around the shows or risk not getting they ite or the color.

I understand the frustration, however, I also understand the reason why they wait. Many of her new items will sell out quickly, so if they allowed folks to order too soon ahead of time, many products would sell out with no presentation. It has happened in the past and Valerie apologized for it too. A couple of VPH's shows had ended 10-15 minutes eary due to not being able to do the presentations of items that sold out. There was no preparation for having to have 'extra' backups for the 'just in case' senerio. The shows are planned around a certain set of products for each show. The Q does of coarse prepare for when the TSV sells out with OTO's as you know...

I remember one item (forgot what it was a couple of years ago), Valerie stated she had 2,500 brought in. By the time it was presented, in less than 2 minutes, the remaining 300 were sold out. Then folks complained about that situation.

Some folks wonder why not order more of each product? Well, there is a fine line of ordering too many if an item doesn't sell well either and they don't want to have lots remain in stock of a product that has no interest/appeal. It's not always easy just to guess and assume.

Sometimes, even when the Q waits to post the new products either at midnight of the day it's presented, items will still nearly sell out completely! Remember the sleigh from last year(pic below)? It was posted midnight the day of it being presented and the silver option was sold out in about 30 minutes-1 hour! Only the gold option was left by the time LR presented it later on that evening...and only 100-200 available of those (H203780)  ...

So, unfortunately this is the best way to make it fair for everyone.Smiley Happy

P1500641.JPG