Esteemed Contributor

The only shows I will watch anymore are Good Bones, Flip or Flop and House Hunters.  I didn't realize they brought back a revamped Design to Sell.  I'll have to check it out.  I think I've heard of the others but haven't watched them.

I watched a couple episodes recently of Bargain Mansions.  This was new to me.  The houses I saw being flipped were large ones but not what I considered "Mansions".  I did enjoy the show though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: Newer HGTV homes

[ Edited ]

The flipping across America show almost sounds like they've cobbled together some completed removation footage from various shows to create this.

I don't get the sense that is a real show concept.  I could be wrong, but I find it odd that nobody was talking about this prior to the press release.  For the Rock the Block show, they were all posting all over social media about a new show they were working on but no details and then the grand press release.

Boise Boys is done.  They have a new show they are doing  now with a different concept, so having the 2 of them on as well as the Vegas Flippers, which I believe is also done, seems like someone went into the store room to see what they had and came up with this.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I miss the gardening shows. 

I never watched Property Brothers either, also never liked Love It or List It.

@Mary Bailey   You may get your wish!

Martha Stewart is coming back to the small screen. Stewart has partnered with HGTV to bring fans a show all about her gorgeous gardens at her Bedford, New York farm.

The show, called “Martha Knows Best,” has been filmed while Stewart socially distances herself at home during the coronavirus pandemic. The series is set to air later this year.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

@chlema 

I was thinking that exact same thing. Remember the show Gardening by the Yard? Loved that show and the host. And the show where they redid one house on a block that was a total disaster. (May have been called Curb Appeal but 100% on that) loved that host too and his cohosts. Cant remember the hosts name, but I think his first name was maybe John. So cute. He also posed for covers of romance novels

cookin

Honored Contributor

Holmes Makes it Right takes disasters that homeowners have inherited and he fixes them.

I see it on DIY and HGTV sometimes in the mornings.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

@chlema 

I was thinking that exact same thing. Remember the show Gardening by the Yard? Loved that show and the host. And the show where they redid one house on a block that was a total disaster. (May have been called Curb Appeal but 100% on that) loved that host too and his cohosts. Cant remember the hosts name, but I think his first name was maybe John. So cute. He also posed for covers of romance novels

cookin

I loved Curb Appeal @cookinfreak .  It's probably my all time favorite HGTV show.  I think John Gidding was the host's name.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I like Good Bones, Flip or Flop, House Hunters, and Home Town...I also like House in a Hurry..I wish they would bring back What you get for your money....That was interesting showing type of homes in different parts of the country and what these couples paid for them. It was shocking how expensive housing is in certain areas. I hope they bring back Flip or Flop (different cities) as well. Those were always interesting.

Honored Contributor

I liked Flip or Flop Nashville and Atlanta.

I think the flipping business is very tight right now and all of them say there are no longer trash houses that you can get for a bargain.

Good Bones used to get stuff from the city for $6000, which I couldn't figure out how they came to that price because the land has to be worth more than $6000.  Now they are paying $100k for stuff.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Contributor

I love Erin and Ben, too! They are so kind-hearted and gentle. I LOVE how creative they both are. Taking pure garbage out of old, tumbledown houses and creating an heirloom is Ben's specialty. Did you see the episode where he took a crumbling pie safe and re-imagined it and then put back in the house? They seem genuine, and their show rises to the top. 

Honored Contributor

They've talked about how they are so busy now that he can't make as much furniture has he did in those early seasons.

Have they announced what town won for them to visit to remake their town yet?

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN