Honored Contributor

New curtains are up, and I'm one happy camper!

No longer living in a fish bowl, since taking down my old curtains last week! The new ones arrived, and my main floor looks so much better with these new pretties!

I couldn't decide between cream and linen, so I ordered enough for all windows, in both colors. I'm glad I did, because while I thought I wanted all to be the same color, it turned out that the kitchen and dining room looks perfect in the cream, and the livingroom looks best in the linen. All the curtains are the same pattern, just different colors for the two areas. 

It took quite awhile to iron them all, hang new rods and get them up, but the transformation is amazing. 

The best part is, that for having to take what I could find (sizes of the picture window and the sliding glass door are so odd that there is virtually no choices out there, and I only found a couple of things to choose from), I'm pleased with the look. And they were only about $10 per panel on sale, so it didn't cost a fortune to get it done. About $300 to do a huge picture window, a sliding glass door, and the kitchen window. That included valances and swags, in addition to panels. Made the look much more finished and complete.

Respected Contributor

Re: New curtains are up, and I'm one happy camper!

i know curtains really do make a difference, huh? They just add something...  I have white wood blinds and I use sheers over them - same fabric - just different colors depending on the room. They just finish off the window, with a little texture and color, I think anyhow...

and - there are so many rods to choose from these days too... 

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

I buy most of my curtains/sheers and rugs from J C Penney. They always last a long time.

Once I start with new sheers in one room...I want to get 'new' in other rooms too though.....LOL

Honored Contributor

Nothing better than something new and fresh to brighten up ones home.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I buy most of my curtains/sheers and rugs from J C Penney. They always last a long time.

Once I start with new sheers in one room...I want to get 'new' in other rooms too though.....LOL

These were from JCP's as well.

I do have to admit that the quality isn't what they used to carry back in the day.

When I was growing up and when I had my first place (and second and third for that matter) I bought all my linens, curtains and rugs at Penney's. But like everyone else, the quality just isn't there anymore. They used to have the most beautiful sheets and comforters/quilts.

It is a shame that so many retailers have cheapened their quality in order to keep prices down. I'd like a 'good, better, best' choice still today, with the best being really good stuff, regardless of having to pay more.

Respected Contributor

Glad to hear you love the new look!  Are you going to post any pics?

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

Glad to hear you love the new look!  Are you going to post any pics?

I don't have a phone that takes pictures, and I don't know how to import pictures (even in an email, I'm technologically challenged) from my camera. Heck, I don't even know how to get photos off my card and saved into the computer. 

At some point, if I can sit on my son long enough, I want to have him help me learn to post pictures.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio  You can insert your SD card from your camera into your computer. One the square icon above that has a little mountain, you click on that.

It will ask you where you want to get your picture. Find the picture you want and upload it. It is easy once you know the steps to follow.

Hope you can upload so we can see your new curtains!

Trusted Contributor

Happy for you that your curtains turned out well. 

I, too, used to buy all of my window treatments from Penny's, but the quality has gone down so much.

A few years ago, someone here posted about "Country Curtains" and I ordered a catalog from them.  Over the past 2 years, I've ordered kitchen, dining room, living room and bedroom curtains from them.  The quality is excellent and they are mostly made in the USA!  I had looked everywhere I could think of that offered curtains, but could not find what I was looking for until I went to the Country Curtains website.

I am SO glad I found that company.  I don't remember who posted about them but I do thank you!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DottieBlue I purchase mine at Country Curtains also. I currently have "Hathaway" on bow window in living room and bay window in dining room. It's like one room, so it all matches. I don't have them cover the whole window, only one panel at each end.

I love it in the summer with the windows open and the curtains flutter in the breeze. They are sheer white with a delicate white design so I have shades for the evening.

Country Curtains isn't cheap, but I love their curtains.