Honored Contributor

Re: New black Stainless steel for appliances....

I am just not a fan of SS and granite - it just takes me right back to all the hospital kitchens where I worked. I don't want my home to resemble anything industrial. I like my white appliances, and homey kitchen.

Honored Contributor

I think they are beautiful!  But I think you probably have to figure how they would look in your own kitchen, based on the size and color of cabinets, how much light comes in. My kitchen get s a lot of natural sunlight, and is very light and airy, so I could get away with having those appliances........I really like them.....

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I agree - my friend who has them has a bright open , airy, sunny kitchen and painted ivory cabinets. This look is ideal for her. My kitcken has dark wood cabinets and no windows - it would be much too dark for mine.

Respected Contributor

My new GE refrigerator is a high gloss black. Not sure if it is stainless steel. It does not show finger prints.

My old fridge was black, but textured. I really liked it, so I wanted another black one.

i just have a few other black things in my kitchen, so it doesn’t look too dark in there.  If I do add anything else black, it would have to be shiny. I think shine mitigates darkness.

Honored Contributor

I really like the black stainless. I like the slate color even better whcih is what I;m going to buy when the time comes.

Esteemed Contributor

My neighbor has them and they look beautiful.

Honored Contributor

They are not stainless, but the original black appliances from the 1990s.  I've always loved the kitchen in the Frasier tv show.

Related image

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

Had stainless and black appliances in our previous home....they looked nice when clean, but I was not too happy with them (color-wise), but I did love my convection stove.....  Then when we moved into this home, it had a black stove and an older white refrigerator.....When I had my kitchen reconfigured, I bought all white appliances......Still love the white... they blend well with my cottage-style kitchen and white backsplash... they also make the kitchen much brighter and with less fingerprints to deal with...Just classic, I guess.... JMHO...Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl

@wagirl wrote:

I really like the black stainless. I like the slate color even better whcih is what I;m going to buy when the time comes.

That sounds really pretty too!