Super Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@CJC wrote:

Wow, what a difference!  Really opens up your space, and I like your new lighter lamp shade too. You did awesome!

@CJC

Good eye. You spotted it.

My DH hated that red lamp shade. It said it was too dark to read by it. It had tonal beads on it too. I liked it, but the back of the shade you can't see was damaged so it was time to throw it away. 

I know you said you got them At Home store. Would you please give me the brand of the curtains & the name of the color? I looked on line but didn't see them. I love how they look on your windows & I am thinking about doing the same. 

Honored Contributor

Fresh & updated!  Looks great! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@wilma Really nice and they do brighten up the room! I dislike red as a decorating color. You made a great choice! And the plants look so pretty with those window treatments.

@Love my grandkids 

The lily is from my mom's funeral in 2012. It has had multiple blooms this year. 

Honored Contributor

@sometimesQVCaddict wrote:
Definitely an improvement, great job!! Sorry to say but the red valances did nothing for the room. So a major upgrade for I'm sure a little investment. And I agree about the lamp. Dark lampshades don't give much light unless they're strictly decorative or for mood lighting. And LOVE the puppy pillow! Cute!!

@sometimesQVCaddict 

We have a dog who likes to sit on the sofa and look out the front window. I saw the pillow and thought it was cute.

Here she is napping on it.

71466E25-9FFA-42AD-9660-1D07EFDC2A4F.jpeg 

Honored Contributor

I like them.  Are they machine washable?

I was in a dilemma, too, for window treatments and ended up going with linen *sheers* from Restoration Hardware. 

They aren't machine washable, though.  I'm going to hate myself for that someday.....

Honored Contributor

Re: New Window Treatments

[ Edited ]

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@CJC wrote:

Wow, what a difference!  Really opens up your space, and I like your new lighter lamp shade too. You did awesome!

@CJC

My DH hated that red lamp shade. It said it was too dark to read by it. It had tonal beads on it too. I liked it, but the back of the shade you can't see was damaged so it was time to throw it away. 

I know you said you got them At Home store. Would you please give me the brand of the curtains & the name of the color? I looked on line but didn't see them. I love how they look on your windows & I am thinking about doing the same. 

@Diamonds22 

Muskoka Natural Rod Pocket Sheer Curtain Panel 84 in. The online photo doesn't really show the detail well. I had to zoom in to make sure it was the correct one. 

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I like them.  Are they machine washable?

I was in a dilemma, too, for window treatments and ended up going with linen *sheers* from Restoration Hardware. 

They aren't machine washable, though.  I'm going to hate myself for that someday.....

@Lucky Charm 

I think so. They are polyester according to the website..

I thought the packaging said they were linen, but now I'm not sure. Maybe they meant "linen-like". My DH already threw away the packaging. 

Super Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@Diamonds22 wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@CJC wrote:

@CJC

@Diamonds22 

Muskoka Natural Rod Pocket Sheer Curtain Panel 84 in. The online photo doesn't really show the detail well. I had to zoom in to make sure it was the correct one. 

Thanks for the info. Love, love them.

Valued Contributor
Such a sweet pup...she looks so happy! You're a great mommy for getting her own accessories Smiley Happy My kitties have spots all over my home I've personalized for them.
Honored Contributor

Love the updated look!