Esteemed Contributor

New Spring Colors in the VPH Mercury Glass Lamp

No swatches up yet, but new colors Blue, Pink, and Green are listed. I suppose these might be in her upcoming shows.

H201625

http://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=H201625&storeId=10251&langId=...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Spring Colors in the VPH Mercury Glass Lamp

FWIW, I have the brown lamp that I bought as-is. I'm very pleased with the look of the mercury glass effect on this piece as well as the weight and thickness of the glass.

I can't review the flameless tealight because I replaced it with a Pacific Accents 3" flameless votive. This is an item that I actually like as much if not better unlit than lit. The finish on the brown is a rich color with a copper hint, and is mottled, but not all spotty like some other mercury glass type items.

Super Contributor

Hello Shopr...

Thank you so much for posting this.

Super Contributor

Thanks SHOPR! I wish they had all the colors up. I hate it when you can't see the new colors until they air. Not everyone can watch the show! I am interested in seeing the green. I was hoping to get the green in the mosaic lamp, but I don't really like that color green they chose and how they made it with other colors.

Honored Contributor

I bought 3 silver as is. One didn't work and was returned. The other two are great. I'm always on the lookout for something green, but need to see the color.

Esteemed Contributor

I love these but they are battery eaters!

They seem to only last 3 1/2 weeks for me. I have a silver set and gold set. I'm tired of buying batteries.

Does anyone use rechargeable batteries?

Super Contributor

On 2/5/2014 Mary Bailey said:

They seem to only last 3 1/2 weeks for me. I have a silver set and gold set. I'm tired of buying batteries.

I personally have never had much luck recharging batteries. Maybe someone can recommend a charger? With this lamp I would replace the tealight with a flameless votive like SHOPR.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/6/2014 snpets said:
On 2/5/2014 Mary Bailey said:

I personally have never had much luck recharging batteries. Maybe someone can recommend a charger? With this lamp I would replace the tealight with a flameless votive like SHOPR.

I still haven't looked into using a battery charger, although I've planned to for years now.

I alternate mainly between Dollar Tree Sunbeams and Maxells from Amazon, both due to their low price compared to everywhere else I shop. Unfortunately, the Maxells are creeping higher and higher in price each time I order, along with some other items I regularly order from there. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

In my opinion, this particular lamp would look BEST with a short fat flameless votive in it, but those that I've seen all use button batteries, which I don't like, so I don't own one to try out. I do like my PA 3" tall deluxe sized votive in this lamp much better than the included tealight, though. Sharing my thoughts in hopes that any QVC or VPH people are reading.

Esteemed Contributor

FYI~I just read where Valerie mentioned that these lamps will return in March. So, we might not see the newly added colors until then.

Super Contributor

Hello Shopr...

Thank you so much for posting this information. I assumed they were going to be in for the Feb 18 show. So, your information was very helpful.