Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Luminara Lantern...as the TSV for August 4th...

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Now that I've said no to the TSV lantern, it's there in black and white, I fully expect to be tempted by it when all the enablers come out in full force.  

@SHOPR I believe there will be an option of black, and possibly cream - ivory, but would be surprised with 'white'. I could be wrong...won't be the 1st time...just guessing Smiley Happy

SL, Sorry for the confusion.  Sometimes I say things that don't make that much sense.  I meant that my saying no to the TSV was there in black in white, because I typed it out and made the statement for all to see, ya know what I mean?  I didn't mean black and white lanterns.  Sorry.  I should have worded it more carefully. 

Respected Contributor

I have the original votives that charge in the base as PeterDM mentioned, but last year I bought stand-alone Luminara votives from one of the other sites.  They are remote-compatible, but are about 4-1/2 inches if I recall correctly, so the flame sticks up above most votive holders.  I used mine with a candle ring instead.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I also saw some distressed sage green pillar candles in that video too. I think I am going to have to start collecting cans Smiley Tongue

@susan Louise, I hate to tell you but I don't think we could collect enough cans to support our shopping addiction.  I'm sure if we picked up cans from MO to NE we'd come up short.  Anybody have any ideas?  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I know me.  I would never recharge the votives every 4 days.  They would just sit there OFF forever. 

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

I know me.  I would never recharge the votives every 4 days.  They would just sit there OFF forever. 

Yep, me too SHOPR.

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Yep, me too SHOPR.

@SHOPR, I wouldn't either, so those won't work for me.  I need a battery that works for a month or more.  I am really lazy about things like that.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

That's why I bought the stand-alone votives last year.  The ones with the charging base are just too fiddly for me.  I want to put the batteries in and not have to bother with them until the batteries die.

Trusted Contributor

I charge my votives on Thursday, that way I have them out for the weekend.  I have a drawer in my kitchen sideboard with the three bases plugged into a power strip.  SInce the votives are all in sconces, it's not a big deal for me to collect them and distribute them once a week.  The charging bases are hidden away and very convenient.  Here's a pic of the inside of the drawer:

chargers.jpg

Valued Contributor

I can't wait!!! I have been wanting votives and tea lights so I hope they offer all kinds of new ones LOL. I just purchased the Birch Bark ones from another site and they are just Gorgeous! I love the the lanterns also!  So excited.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

@Junker2327 wrote:

I can't wait!!! I have been wanting votives and tea lights so I hope they offer all kinds of new ones LOL. I just purchased the Birch Bark ones from another site and they are just Gorgeous! I love the the lanterns also!  So excited.

Beckyblu

@Junker2327  Do you mean the white birch Luminara candles from Pottery Barn? If so, I got them too and I totally agree...they are AWESOME! I just love the realistic look of the bark Smiley Very Happy