Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Lilysmom 

Have you reviewed the test results from Consumer Reports?

I second this.

I bought a new washer and dryer set a few years ago and made my choice based on Consumer Reports, Good Housekeeping, reviews I read across 4 different appliance store sites. I also went to check them out at a local store. Consumer Reports and Good Housekeeping were extremely helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@PinkyPetunia @Mz iMac @gidgetgh @Fressa @kivah 

Thanks everyone.  The features on the machines are very similar.  The water sensing on these new machines are highly upgraded.  They both get very good reviews.  I am inclined to go with the Costco Whirlpool because I love Costco’s return policy and extended warranty and I do want the larger capacity I think. It is the better price by about $100.

Both the machines have a steam feature which they tell me reduces tangling in the clothes.  There is a load and go feature.  You fill up the detergent reservoir and it holds enough to do 20 loads.  Also, a special compartment for pod loading for maximum dispersal of detergent.  And on and on...

Electrolux owns Frigidaire which I didn’t know.

I just bought a Whirlpool refrigerator which I really like.

I will probably order Monday so keep the comments coming.  Thanks to all for the comments to date.  I appreciate your advice.  Will advise my final decision.  LM

A few weeks ago, I also purchased a Whirlpool Refrigerator - 20.5 cu ft. So quiet, keeps food cold, love the LED lighting - and very roomy.

Contributor

I have enjoyed my Electrolux washer and dryer set for more years than I can remember. Actually,  they have one one repair each and thats not bad for 12 years of steady use.  I have the largest size and if I replace these some day I will buy a smaller set as I do not need such a large capacity.  I would stand behind my choice from years ago.  But right now they are running just like new and I have no indication they will fail me any time soon.  Good luck in making your decision.

Respected Contributor

Two best washers are the Maytag Commercial that retails for $710. & the 2019 Speed Queen TC5000WN that retails for $1,039...both are top loaders with agitators. I'll never have another he front loader, I couldn't wait to get rid of it...they don't clean & smell awful. I'm pleased that SQ listened to their dealers-customers complaints about the 2018 washer & for the 2019 they went back to their classic design, those 2018 TR washers were just awful. Anyway @Lilysmom  I hope you're pleased with your decision & the washer lasts for more than 5 years....Good Luck.

Esteemed Contributor

@go2girl , that’s a good recommendation!  My Kenmore Elite is 14 years old and I just started having issues with it.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@kitcat51 , thanks for this.  My preference is front load.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@kitcat51 , thanks for this.  My preference is front load.  LM

You're welcome....I remember when buying a washer was simple, they basically all lasted 15+ years but now you're lucky if they last 5-7 & get everything clean. Enjoy your new front loader.

Respected Contributor

You're welcome....I remember when buying a washer was simple, they basically all lasted 15+ years but now you're lucky if they last 5-7 & get everything clean. Enjoy your new front loader.

@kitcat51 

You are so right.  Back in the day, you knew who manufactured what.  Companies developed trusted reputations.  When I purchased appliances for my new home in the 80s I purchased brands my mother used.  All were still going working 20 years later when I decided to replace the washer/dryer and put in a new kitchen.

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I agree, so glad I'm rid of my Whirlpool HE (Maytag before that) - neither lasted longer than 7 yrs.

Purchased my top load Speed Queen last year & just purchased the Speed Queen Dryer last month.   5 yr. warranties.   So far, very pleased with both.

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Two best washers are the Maytag Commercial that retails for $710. & the 2019 Speed Queen TC5000WN that retails for $1,039...both are top loaders with agitators. I'll never have another he front loader, I couldn't wait to get rid of it...they don't clean & smell awful. I'm pleased that SQ listened to their dealers-customers complaints about the 2018 washer & for the 2019 they went back to their classic design, those 2018 TR washers were just awful. Anyway @Lilysmom  I hope you're pleased with your decision & the washer lasts for more than 5 years....Good Luck.

@kitcat51  I have the Maytag Commericial washer and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!  I had an HE Lemon, not even a year old, and it was a piece of junk!  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!