Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@Lilysmom  I don't own either of these HE washers, but recently owned a Whirlpool HE washer (different model) that was less than one year old and had 9 service calls (by certified WP repairmen) to try and make it run without stopping.   

Long story short, after several contacts and complaints to WP and since it was still under the 1 year warranty, they replaced it with another washer of my choice, but I had to pay any difference in price.  I hated the HE models with only a spit of water and chose the Maytag (which is owned by WP) commercial washer for residential use.  It has the agitator and is not HE.  It fills with either a full amount of water or 1/2 tub of water.  WP/Maytag made this washer to compete with the original Speed Queen washers.   There is no comparison between the HE and the 'old fashioned' agitator washer.  Plus, as an added benefit it has a 5 year 'full' warranty.    Let's say, I'm a happy lady since I've had this washer.  

Thanks for the review.  I didn’t know that Maytag still made an agitator type washing machine.  My 20 year old Maytag just died and I need a new one.  I’m tired of HE machines nor getting my whites clean.  Where did you buy your Maytag commercial machine? TIA.

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

Two best washers are the Maytag Commercial that retails for $710. & the 2019 Speed Queen TC5000WN that retails for $1,039...both are top loaders with agitators. I'll never have another he front loader, I couldn't wait to get rid of it...they don't clean & smell awful. I'm pleased that SQ listened to their dealers-customers complaints about the 2018 washer & for the 2019 they went back to their classic design, those 2018 TR washers were just awful. Anyway @Lilysmom  I hope you're pleased with your decision & the washer lasts for more than 5 years....Good Luck.

@kitcat51  I have the Maytag Commericial washer and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!  I had an HE Lemon, not even a year old, and it was a piece of junk!  

Where do you buy a Maytag commercial?

Respected Contributor

For those that went back to the agitator, does it have a hand wash cycle?  How did your sweaters and delicates turn out?

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I hated my he washer, i love my top load speed queen.

Can you please tell me if you can fit 2 king size sheets in it?  I have an older Maytag front loader that I love that is 4.5 cubic ft and it holds a king size comforter.  Considering Speed Queen when this one dies.

Esteemed Contributor

@brandiwine , I will call @goldensrbest  for you.  LM 

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom  Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. Have a great day.