Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Finials

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

A new set of picks, too. 

Like the s/5 finials, these also do not have a brand/vendor mentioned on the item.  I would like to see both presented, but have no idea when to tune in. 

http://www.qvc.com/Set-of-8-18-Iced-Glimmer-Branch-Picks.product.H205993.html?sc=H205993-Zone&cm_sci...

I was so disappointed that there was no picture of these picks.  They sound nice but how will we know when to watch?

EDITED:  The finials are no longer searchable by keyword "finials" as they were when I first saw them.  I can find them when I enter the item number.  It could be just my computer, so someone else may wanna try.   I originally thought that both the picks and finials were not searchable by keyword, but I was mistaken. The picks are still searchable.

If this is on purpose, then I think these may be reserved for a show like Jill's.  What does everyone think?

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

A new set of picks, too. 

Like the s/5 finials, these also do not have a brand/vendor mentioned on the item.  I would like to see both presented, but have no idea when to tune in. 

http://www.qvc.com/Set-of-8-18-Iced-Glimmer-Branch-Picks.product.H205993.html?sc=H205993-Zone&cm_sci...

I was so disappointed that there was no picture of these picks.  They sound nice but how will we know when to watch?

EDITED:  The finials are no longer searchable by keyword "finials" as they were when I first saw them.  I can find them when I enter the item number.  It could be just my computer, so someone else may wanna try.   I originally thought that both the picks and finials were not searchable by keyword, but I was mistaken. The picks are still searchable.

If this is on purpose, then I think these may be reserved for a show like Jill's.  What does everyone think?

SHOPR, I agree with a soon-to-be show coming up like Jill's.  I hope they look like these...

Crystal Bouquet Branches

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

A new set of picks, too. 

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

A new set of picks, too. 

Oops...I meant to attach the ice branch pics here...!  

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

I do like these, too, lucy.  How about you? 

SHOPR, did you notice, no batteries?  I like that they don't light but I think they would be very light weight without batteries in them.  I love the shapes and the fact that I could use three and two, with one on a book or pedestal, etc.  What color is speaking to you?

Well, the VPH set will probably be very lightweight too, without the batteries in, if someone is not planning to light them.  I'm expecting those to be as light as the original set of 3 pedestals, but I could be way off. 

With both finial sets, I'm looking at gold and icy blue.  Silver, maybe, but I much prefer a pale gold or champagne.  I am very undecided which set I would choose and at this point I don't know if I would light the set of 3 or not.  The set of 5 would be a better bargain, I have a feeling. 

I do know that I NEED to see both sets presented.  I do not want gold if it is leaning toward orange.  If it happens to be dark gold leaning toward brown, which would in some way resemble antique gold, maybe. 

I love the shade of gold that shows in the pic but that is not always true.  I have the set of three pedestals in gold and they work with Harvest but with Christmas, not so much.  They are just orangey gold.  I won't go with gold if it's too bright either, looks like cheap jewelry.  Lol  Hopefully, we'll be lucky and see the presentation if we can find out when since it isn't brand specific.

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

A new set of picks, too. 

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

A new set of picks, too. 

Oops...I meant to attach the ice branch pics here...!  

The finials are not searchable for me either, only by item #.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

I love the shade of gold that shows in the pic but that is not always true.  I have the set of three pedestals in gold and they work with Harvest but with Christmas, not so much.  They are just orangey gold.  I won't go with gold if it's too bright either, looks like cheap jewelry.  Lol  Hopefully, we'll be lucky and see the presentation if we can find out when since it isn't brand specific.

I have the set of 2 wide pillars in gold and they are as you describe.  I like them, but I won't try to use them for Christmas. 

Here is an image of the s/5 in gold and the s/2 pillars in gold:

Set of 5 Elegant Mercury Glass Finials

Set of Two Mercury Glass Square Pedestals by Valerie

This is not necessarily accurate, but I thought it might give us something to think on. 

Esteemed Contributor

And for the sake of comparing the style of Valerie's lit set of 3 finials to the unlit set of 5, two more photos:

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

And for the sake of comparing the style of Valerie's lit set of 3 finials to the unlit set of 5, two more photos:

I like Valerie's SHOPR, but the others are probably a better value.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm obviously torn...LOL

Trusted Contributor
I bet those finials are hollow and have a hole in the bottom. If you have 5 sets of micro lights, you could stuff them and hide the battery boxes if you use them in a display with picks or greenery. The wire is thin enough that it could poke out of the bottom, and you could secure the finials to whatever surface you put them on with some mounting putty.