Respected Contributor

Got it out of the box today.

Way heavier than the Oreck I have been using!!!

But, I tried it in the master bedroom/bathroom. Wow, I was shocked at how much it picked up with one use.

The room was vacuumed 2 days ago with the Oreck. I do have cats. I have to say I was IMPRESSED with how much dirt/hair/stuff was visible in the canister.

My conclusion is that this is way more effective than the Oreck. I doubt that much debris was accumulated in a couple days.

The ball design helps it move around so easily too. My husband also tried it and is impressed.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the review. It's always nice to hear an opinion of a product from a regular poster.

Honored Contributor

I agree with the OP. I own 2 Dysons, bought my daughter one (upright), bought the other daughter the canister ball (she has lots of stairs).

I love Dysons and think they are worth every penny.

Esteemed Contributor

Dyson is a good vac. However, because you can actually see the stuff that gets picked up, it appears to do a better job than the one with the bag. Lots of stuff does accumulate quickly on household floors - gravity prevails.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I understand what you're saying about it being easier to see the dirt if it's not in a bag!

However, I don't think that's it in this case.

What stunned me is HOW MUCH was there and how much BRIGHTER my carpets looked after using the Dyson. No way was that much dirt deposited in a couple of days.

That was LEFT in the carpets after using the Oreck.

I walked in to the master bedroom awhile after using the Dyson, and was shocked at how much brighter it looked. I wasn't even thinking about it or looking for it - it just struck me.

I have purchased both the Oreck and Dyson from QVC. I have no agenda other than my personal experience. I now recommend the Dyson.

Hyacinth Smile