Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Candle Line from Harry Slatkin!

I received my kohls.com ScentWorx candles shattered today.  The bubble wrap surrounding each was skimpy.  Via live chat I was fully refunded, so no big deal.  I had the option to get them re-shipped, but I declined.  The glass is nice and thick, but I am not happy with the scents I chose.

The Vanilla Chai wax smells ok at first, vanilla with a kick, but after leaving and returning to the room where the broken candles are sitting in the box, maple or molasses from this wax is the first thing I smell.  It is overpowering any other scents.  

Orchard Hayride was one I admittedly ordered for the pretty green glass, knowing that apple scents do not usually agree with me, but hoping that it would be one I could tolerate.   It smells like a cross between apple Jolly Rancher and Lysol spray.  LOL but that's really how it smells to me.  Oh well, too bad I couldn't at least salvage the vessels.  

@MaryLamb  OT...I read of your interest in Bath and Body Works Cinnamon Irish Cream and White Pumpkin.  I liked them best out of all the fall scents I smelled in the store recently, and bought them. 

The CIC is wonderful, but I prefer its scent when melted.  Burning somehow changes its scent.  WP is wonderful also, and I have been happily burning it.  I may order more of both.  Lovely light scents and cute containers.  

Respected Contributor

Many of us refuse to buy candles from this man because of his stuffy nature. Not to mention the overpriced factor.  I saw a 4 wick candle for 9,99 at Big Lots.

Honored Contributor

I received the winter collection from QVC yesterday. They smell good, but haven’t burned them yet. 

Valued Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Many of us refuse to buy candles from this man because of his stuffy nature. Not to mention the overpriced factor.  I saw a 4 wick candle for 9,99 at Big Lots.

@Reever  You say “many of us” when in reality, you’re the only one who consistently takes cheap shots at Harry’s character. Harry seems to do fine with sales despite your opinion of him. You’re lucky you’re not a business owner, because if sales were really based on the seller’s integrity, you’d starve. Also, since when is the quality of anything sold on QVC comparable to anything on the shelves at Big Lots? Where I come from, Big Lots is known for cheap quality at low prices, not quality, value and convenience. Also, according to Big Lots’ website, they don’t sell 4-wick candles. 

Respected Contributor

Mary Lamb I stand corrected it was a 3 wick candle. 

Occasional Contributor

So sad and stupid that people think Harry is STUFFY. He is not. He has quality products and is a man of kindness and charm. If you think you can buy a candle at Big Lots that can equal Harry you do NOT know candles. I have bought his for years at Bath and Body and QVC. I am happy he has a new line At Kohl's but will also continue to buy Homework's at QVC. 

Respected Contributor

There is a thread on Community Chat about a Homeworx tsv Oct. 31.

Trusted Contributor

You get what you pay for.  If you want quality you pay for it, if you want crappy things you pay the cheaper price.

Valued Contributor

I stopped by Kohl’s today, because I saw that they added new Scentworx holiday scented candles. They didn’t have all the scents listed online, but I did get to smell a few including:

Christmas Tree - Really nice spruce scent mixed with some sugary notes. It kind of reminds me of BBW’s, Evergreen or Woodwick!s, Frazier Fir.

Snowfall - Cooling mint scent reminiscent of Homeworx’s, Frozen Balsam, but not as intensely cooling.

Cinnamon Wreath - Red Hot Cinnmaon scent. Think of the brooms you buy in the grocery store this time of year.

Spiced Pinecone - Kind of boring and basic. It smells like any other oumpkin spice candle you’d smell in a grocery store.

Sugared Plum - Sweet berry scent. It had a mildewy note that put me off.

They had Sugar Cookie, but I’d didn’t bother to smell it. The ones they didn’t have in stock were Holiday Cheer, Winter Night, and White Pine.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much. I love his candles and so do my girls!