Honored Contributor

Re: New Candle Line from Harry Slatkin!

I noticed that my local Kohl's is only getting them in sometime during 9/12 and 9/16.  When you plug in your zip code, the info posted next to your local store should tell you whether they're in the store or not.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

If you are interested in buying...hurry up.  The candles are $26.99 and on sale now for $14.99.

Don't know how long the sale will last.

Respected Contributor

Any word is he manufacturing them in Vietnam ?  Awful he cant keep the product in America. Years ago Valerie manufactured soy candles in the heatland of America.

Respected Contributor

@Reever These are made in the USA. I bought the vanilla chai today on sale and with a $5 reward. I think it’s very nice. I really bought it for the autumnal look; it’s in a heavy glass container with a lid, but I do like the scent(very strong throw) and it burned well. I won’t burn it again until cooler weather hits but I had to try it of course.

A0C55EA2-B906-4796-8384-35BBC0D22F22.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio I suspect QVC was being used as his launching pad just as so many other vendors use QVC and HSN for the same purpose. Now that the public has seen him and tried his products, he'll easily slide into Main Street, USA for those who don't shop/can't afford QVC. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am excited about this.  I'll have to try one next time I order from kohls.com, if this brand is not excluded from the 30% off coupons.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio ...I was in Kohls and specifically looked for the candles...I was hoping to find some of the vessesl with candles in them, such as the pumpkin I want, that has a candle inside....there were only candles none of the pretty containers that QVC carries.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info. I ordered two candles this weekend and am anxious for them to arrive. I'll post an update once I recieve them.

Esteemed Contributor

I just ordered two candles.  The latest 30% off and free shipping offers start today.  I found both codes on a facebook page devoted to kohl's discounts.  You don't have to log in to see the page.

The candles are 2 for $35 today, so with the extra 30% off, they are $12.25 each.  

I've watched some helpful YouTube reviews for this line.   I am not expecting these to be as heavily scented as some of the Homeworx candles I have.  I am excited to try them, though, because of the heavy glass containers and made in USA.

Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Pretty containers, too.

ScentWorx by Harry Slatkin Warm Apple Pie 14.5-oz. Candle Jar

Just went to bath and body works yesterday and purchased warm apple pie. the smell was so good i could almost eat it. I have taken a couple of chances to purchase things from Harry and got very burned. I won't purchase a candle unless i can actually smell it. Smiley Wink