Respected Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

I am thinking of trying Nellie's.

I found this online:

Nellie's Laundry Soda is safe for HE and standard washing machines. If you have an HE washing machine, we recommend adding the Laundry Soda directly in the drum with your clothes. The newer machines and HE machines do not have enough water pressure to fully clean out the dispensers of Nellie's Laundry Soda.

Do most of you add the Nellie's to the drum instead of the dispenser?  If so, is it before you add the clothes or on top of them?

It is hard to believe so little of it gets clothing clean.

I have been using Nellie's for the last year as I ordered it when it was a TSV.  I am still on the fence about it.  It doesn't make any suds and I usually have to use about 3 scoops for a regular load?  I'm not sure that it was a good purchase for me.

@isaboo   I think I would be tempted to use more than 1 scoop also. 

I will purchase a small container and see how things go.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife-- check out AMZ--they have one that is 50 loads for $13.50---

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@SurferWife-- check out AMZ--they have one that is 50 loads for $13.50---

I ordered the 100 loads, got it the next day.  I do live close to their distributition centerSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Question for anyone here...is Nellie's as good as Tide?  I'm married to a boat mechanic so you can imagine the clothes I have to wash!  Please let me know!  Thanks so much!!

@SurferWife I don't know but I would be surprised if Nellie's was up to the task.  Farm girl growing up, familiar with grease and barnyard and coveralls. Woman Embarassed