Respected Contributor

I was on Costco's website today ordering DH's coffee and saw they sell Nellie's detergent. 

Honored Contributor

Question for anyone here...is Nellie's as good as Tide?  I'm married to a boat mechanic so you can imagine the clothes I have to wash!  Please let me know!  Thanks so much!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

I was on Costco's website today ordering DH's coffee and saw they sell Nellie's detergent. 

I went into costco yesterday and they didn't have it I guess only on line.  I ordered from Amazon.  I did not order from HSN because I had to cancel shoes that shipped but no one can tell me where they are lol.  Two tracking numbers USPS and UPS yet no one knows where they are lol.  So I'm sticking with Amazon lol.  I purchased the 100 loads.  Thanks to everyone for Jogging my memory about Nellies.  I ordered years ago from HSN and was happy with it, not sure why I never reordered.  Have a nice day everybodySmiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

I am thinking of trying Nellie's.

I found this online:

Nellie's Laundry Soda is safe for HE and standard washing machines. If you have an HE washing machine, we recommend adding the Laundry Soda directly in the drum with your clothes. The newer machines and HE machines do not have enough water pressure to fully clean out the dispensers of Nellie's Laundry Soda.

Do most of you add the Nellie's to the drum instead of the dispenser?  If so, is it before you add the clothes or on top of them?

It is hard to believe so little of it gets clothing clean.

I have been using Nellie's for the last year as I ordered it when it was a TSV.  I am still on the fence about it.  It doesn't make any suds and I usually have to use about 3 scoops for a regular load?  I'm not sure that it was a good purchase for me.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife --my ex is/was  a carpenter and his clothes came out just fine with Nellies--I used more of it though and washed his clothes separately using hot water---

Honored Contributor

I went back to using Nellies after trying a wanna- be washing powder and a liquid environment friendly soap---the liquid left my clothes with a horrible stale, dirty clothes smell and the other powder was just ok. got mine from AMZ as a subscribe-n-save monthly deal.

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Just checked at Costco.  Not only do they have the laundry soap (800 loads), but they have the large size oxygen  brightener.  Love that stuff.  They also have some other Nellies products.  Their floor cleaner is the best I've ever used.

@brandiwine I've been using Nellies for many years and originally purchased from HSN.  I buy from Amazon now and will have to check and see if they have it at my Costco.  

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman I've gotten the big tubs on Amazon for a good price.....much cheaper than the small containers! 

At one point I was getting auto-delivery from HSN but I just didn't need it that often and the buckets were adding up!  I just don't need it as often.  So I cancelled but found it on Amazon since I like the large buckets.

Another poster mentioned Costco so I will check to see if it's there next time I go.

Honored Contributor

@Mersha Interesting....I add Nellie's laundry soap to the dispenser, but the oxygen brightener directly to the drum.  I don't know why I do that maybe I read about it some time ago.

I have an HE washer but it's ten years old......fingers crossed it's still working well.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

Thanks for the feedback!  I definitely never combine his clothes with mine.  I my buy a small container of Nellie's to try it before I dive into the big bucket.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.