Honored Contributor

Re: Nellie’s Laundry Powder

@Twins Mom  I don't know but I purchased Tide's new laundry detergent made with plant products.  It gets stains out like I have never seen before.  I am impressed and don't mind paying a little more.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I have used it for years as well. I use two scoops, because psychologically I can't get past using that one little scoop. (smile) One of the things that I like the most would be how soft my clothes are. 

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

I've used Nellie's for years and although it cleans adequately I have noticed that polyester items like underwear and nightgowns are starting to get a little dingy. I think I am going to switch to a hypoallergenic laundry soap from the supermarket.

@froggy 

Maybe try adding a cup of vinegar to your load of polyester garments. Synthetic materials tend to attract minerals from the water and that can make things look dingy. Vinegar will help dissolve some of the minerals so you clothes will be brighter over time.

Trusted Contributor

I might have to try this powder.  I have an HE and I swear to YOU...I don't think it is cleaning my clothes especially hubby undershirts like the old fashion machine.  I hope this soap will make a difference.

Right now,I add like a scoop and a half.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

I bought a small bag at Marshalls for $5.99 to try it.  I like it so I buy a bag when I see it there.

I don't do much laundry, one load of sheets a week and then a load of towels every few weeks.

No issues with it for me.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased Nellies from HSN a few years ago. Total waste of money, time and resources. It did not clean our clothes at all. Even basic dirt in the knees of jeans it could not get out let alone stubborn stains. I also found in some washes that it did not dissolve completely. I donated the rest of the packs because it did not clean at all. Lots of hype, little substance.

Honored Contributor

I used nellies for around two years, i stopped because i found my whites were not  as white, i try several detergents, i am using charlies ,and all free and clear.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.