Respected Contributor
Any comments about Nellie’s laundry powder? Watching presentation on HSN and curious.
Honored Contributor

Re: Nellie’s Laundry Powder

I've been using it for several years for my HE washer.  My clothes come out clean & smelling fresh!

Trusted Contributor

I've used it for about five years now and I love it, too. 

dee

@Twins Mom wrote:
Any comments about Nellie’s laundry powder? Watching presentation on HSN and curious.

Honored Contributor

Just a heads up.....I've seen Nellie's at TJMax for a competitive.

Honored Contributor

I tried it and found it absolutely no different than the grocery store brands. What a scam and waste of money!! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really like it. It dissolves completely, even in cold water. I like that I don't have to do a second rinse because it rinses out completely with just one rinse. That saves money and time. If there's a heavily soiled area or stain then use a pre-treatment spot remover and should help get things clean. I also like that there's no fragrance but that doesn't mean my clothes don't smell fresh...they do! I don"t know how they did that but it works....clothes smell fresh.

ETA - Since you use only a small amount for each load, the cost savings is outstanding. I can't tell you how much money I've saved by using Nellie's.

Respected Contributor

I always purchase the largest pail of Nellie's. Simply love it.

Respected Contributor

For those with Nellie's experience, I just purchased some and would like to know which way better results are obtained.

I have a top load HE washer so is it better to put in the scoop to empty tub and then clothes, clothes in and powder on top or does anyone mix the soap with water and then put in?

Thanks!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Mershaads.  ---I have a top load washer too, and put the Nellies in first , then my clothes--been using this brand for going on 4 years now and all is well. Sometimes I use an extra half spoonful for bigger loads. I get mine on auto ship from HSN--500 loads for $49.99--was a TS when I bought it. 

Respected Contributor

I've used Nellie's for years and although it cleans adequately I have noticed that polyester items like underwear and nightgowns are starting to get a little dingy. I think I am going to switch to a hypoallergenic laundry soap from the supermarket.