Trusted Contributor

Need to Purchase Blinds for 13 Windows!

[ Edited ]

We moved into our home about 8 years ago.  It has a 4-season room that was added on to it probably about 25 years ago.  I'm thinking that the blinds may be the original blinds that the previous owners had installed when the room was built.  They still look nice, but due to age things are getting brittle and breaking.  I took one blind in for repair last year and it cost about $100 to repair.  Today 2 more blinds broke, so I guess it's time to just get new ones.

I will need to replace blinds for 13 windows!  I've never purchased blinds before and don't even know where to start.  Do you have any recommendations as to who I should contact?

I did see on the Facebook page for our town that there is a company in town that is owned by a husband and wife and they do everything.  They come to your house to sell the blinds and they also do the installation.  They have lots of wonderful reviews, so I may give them a try. 

Are there any large chains like Home Depot, Eddie Z Blinds, etc. that you've tried and recommend?

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Need to Purchase Blinds for 13 Windows!

J.C Penny's sell blinds.  They will send someone to your home to take measurments, give recommendations & will have color & style samples (catalog) of the blinds of your choice.

I have used them 3xs.  Was more than satisfied.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop I like the sound of the turn key blind company in your local town. I have purchased Home Depot's white wood-look vinyl blinds that they cut to fit in the store. Getting someone to hang them is a pain, but they do the job once they are installed.

Frequent Contributor

I used JC Penny's for our sunroom blinds, NO problems at all.  8 room darkening and they raise and lower with your hand, no pulled, strings etc.

Esteemed Contributor

I've found that if you have access to a  team who will do the measuring , delivering , installing and have excellent  legit reviews  than I'd go with them . Some other places such as Home Depot  & Lowe's may say they have qualified contractors they refer you to but  I do know  of some  family that were really dissatisfied ,

Smith & Noble have had their blinds on sale , but you need  to measure and install  or pay someone to do so.

Esteemed Contributor

@BunSnoop. We purchased blinds from Home Depot.  We have the wood look and they've lasted 10+ years.  DD used JC Penny about 12 years ago and hers are also in very good condition.  Good luck to you.

Honored Contributor

Our Penny's store didn't have hardly any customers 5 years ago when I worked in the same mall, so I would check that store's solidarity before I order since supply might be an issue.

Home Depot is a much stronger company and more likely to get stock if they have what you want.

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop 

You most definitely need blinds dot com.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop    Get at least two estimates.  I purchased my blinds from Home Depot and everything was perfect fit.

kindness is strength
Contributor

When I moved into my house I contacted a Hunter Douglas dealer. He came out to my house to measure and show samples. Then he placed the order and came back to install them. He did not subcontract. You can enter your zip code on the Hunter Douglas site to find local dealers near you.