Trusted Contributor
Need to buy a new iron and would love suggestions from people and I have a credit with the q so want to buy one from them. Something solid, well constructed, lasts, good steam, lightweight
Trusted Contributor

Re: Need “the best Iron”

I have a Eurosteam from QVC.  You never have to worry about reading labels and worry about leaving scorch marks.

Respected Contributor

Black & Decker.

Respected Contributor

Suggest that you check out the Rowenta irons available from QVC.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

Rowenta!

Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for Rowenta.

Honored Contributor

My favorite iron through the years is the Rowenta. However I can’t remember the last time I ironed. 😮

Honored Contributor

I had several irons before I got my first Rowenta and I've never looked back. I will now ONLY buy a roewnta. I'm a person who loves to sew and for pressing my sewing projects esp. you can't beat a rowenta.

Honored Contributor

Rowenta

Mine was about 25 years old when it finally died last year. I haven't bought a new one, because my mom had and extra and I'm borrowing hers for right now.

My guess is that the newest Rowentas are different than the older ones, everything today is not made like it's predecessors were, and the price points of the Rowentas I see here seem kind of low. Back in the day, I thought a top of the line Rowenta went for more like $100 or more (but I could be remembering wrong).

I will eventually replace with a Rowenta of my own again. And I have noticed they have gotten really lightweight. They depend on the steam and the great number and spread of the steam vents to get the wrinkles, not the weight of the iron or the pressure you put on the board. Supposed to be great for vertical steaming as well.

I feel like for myself, and most people today, the fabrics used in clothing and linens need very little ironing relative to the 1950's and before. So just a thought, but maybe you don't truly need 'the best'. I think the best Rowenta has to offer isn't available here (not sure, haven't looked in awhile), but from their own website. 

Not sure how soon you will be buying but just a heads up. Starting in late September, all QVC purchases made are on the holiday return policy, and you would have until Jan. 31st, 2019 to decide if it works well for you.

Esteemed Contributor

I spend a lot of time ironing as I am a quilter. My two absolute favorites are Rowenta or Oliso