Contributor

Re: Need “the best Iron”

I just bought a new iron a couple of months ago.  Have used Rowentas for about ten years (the German ones).

A common problem with the Rowentas is after a time, they can begin to "spit" water while using the steam function.  I have had that problem with two of mine.  Also on the last one - which forced me to get a new iron - it developed a short in the cord, and would cut on and off.

Did a bit of research and finally bought a Chi iron at Walmart (same price as QVC and a six month return policy, and NO shipping/return costs).  I got the  $99 one, titanium sole plate, not quite as heavy as my previous Rowentas, not as many heat adjustments, does have a retractable cord, steam works great.   Had really good reviews (check Amazon if you need to see what people think about their products!)

I like it...................but

I think I would buy another Rowenta (a  German model).  I iron a lot (love to sew) and after two months, just prefer the weight, features (minus the "spitting"), and soleplate of the Rowenta.  Our Joanne's craft store has a good selection (some very expensive!).  The Joanne's coupons exclude irons, but they do put them on sale at 30 percent off periodically.

Just my thoughts and experience.

Trusted Contributor

Iron? Iron? What is this "iron" of which you speak?

Occasional Contributor

Rowenta every day!
Trusted Contributor

i had two of the newer rowenta irns and bot were a piece of junk.  i bought qa cheap sunbeam iron from costco and it seems to do the trick.