Trusted Contributor

Need suggestions for room monitor for elderly ....

I live with an elderly person whose bedroom is on the opposite side of the house.  I need a devise that will allow me to hear them in the night if they need to call me to come to their room.  All that comes to my mind is a 'walkie talkie' but surely there is a more modern way to communicate back and forth.  Thanks in advance.

Super Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for room monitor for elderly ....

Have u thought of trying a baby monitor...

Honored Contributor

You might want to check the Wyze Pan and Scan Camera. For about $40 it will let you monitor them, listen to them or talk to them remotely, it even can listen for smoke alarms or CO2 detectors going off. It has a motion sensor and can send notifications to your smartphone anytime something triggers it. They're a pretty neat little gadget.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Would they use a cell phone? If so, you could put your phone number on speed dial on their phone and keep your phone nearby. The baby monitor’s a good idea if you could set the volume loud enough to wake you up.

Esteemed Contributor

Baby monitor does the job!  😉

Frequent Contributor

VTech brand baby monitor available at Amazon.  Get the model with two receivers so you can use one in your bedroom and one downstairs.  The receivers can be unplugged and taken outside or clipped to your clothing so you can move about.  We have been using our current model for a year and it is still working well.  They have a range of about 200 feet.

Model DM221-2 PU (from bottom of unit)

Honored Contributor

I agree,  a baby monitor is exactly what you need.