Super Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for a robot vacuum cleaner.

@SouthernBee  Glad to be of help. Sounds like you got a great deal. Have fun - you won't believe the convenience!

Honored Contributor

@DrBabs wrote:

@SouthernBee  Glad to be of help. Sounds like you got a great deal. Have fun - you won't believe the convenience!

@DrBabs : Thanks. I also had free delivery. Plus should something happen can return to local store. I was using a hand held vacuum to clean up around our recliners and last night dropped my bag of popcorn- what a mess. Really excited and looking forward to using our new toy. Next project: What to name the little robot.😃

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee if you end up not liking the Shark, consider a Roborock available on Amazon. I've had mine for 2.5 years with nary a problem.  Huge dust bin, huge battery, great CS, and parts are available on Amazon. I have the E4 (the new version is the E5), which vacuums in a back and forth motion. There's no lidar or cameras on it, so it is less expensive yet uses an electronic eye to know where it has been. One charge will vacuum our 1700 sq. foot house--lots of carpet and tile. It has an amazing brush where long hair hardly gets caught in it. I don't know how it does it, but the bin will be full of hair (mine and our two dogs) but hardly any will be wrapped around the brush. Roborock also makes vacuums with lidar if you want to go a bit more expensive. There's an active FB community to help with any issues, too. Check out the reviews on YouTube by Vacuum Wars of the E4 or any other Roborock products. I got mine at a promotional price when it first came out, but if it died tomorrow, I would be ordering another at full price if I had to do so.  I've seen the newest version (E5) on sale for $180 on Amazon, although with coupon, it's $250 now. I can't go without it! Here's a screen shot of the E5.

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 9.12.42 AM.png

Super Contributor

@SouthernBee   I named my robovac "Hazel." A friend named hers "Rosie." Have fun coming up with a name - you can get really creative!

There is a learning curve so don't be intimidated. Plenty of people on these boards who have been there/done that.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

I have searched and read a lot of reviews but still confused about robot vacuum cleaner. A friend cleans my house weekly and DH normally vacuums for me when ever I spill something but he had shoulder surgery two weeks ago. We don't use items like Echo or anything else but I have a smart phone and IPad.I need something good but not expensive and hopefully under $200 or less. So many robot vacuum cleaners and brand names not familiar with. Your suggestions and personal use of this type product greatly needed and appreciated.

I have 3 Shark Ion's.  One on each level of my house.  They work great!  Much better than my MIL's Roomba.  We got ours about 4-5 years ago.  I think it was a little over $200, not sure.  Best best is Black Friday sales.  They're always in Black Friday sales at Walmart and Target (and Target usually has a gift card deal along with it).

Regular Contributor

I refused to spend a lot on a robot vacuum so I tested about 5 years ago in getting a Eufy brand.  I love it.  Got it as a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal.  My model is extremely basic but it's perfect and I only run it when I'm at home in case it gets caught under something.  It can be a pain to clean my long hair from the roller but at least it's picking it up.  This last week it's died in my living room after about 15 minutes of cleaning.  I'll look to replace it with the same brand in November.  I did buy an extra couple filters and I like that I did so I can run it while a set is drying after rinsing off

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@SouthernBee if you end up not liking the Shark, consider a Roborock available on Amazon. I've had mine for 2.5 years with nary a problem.  Huge dust bin, huge battery, great CS, and parts are available on Amazon. I have the E4 (the new version is the E5), which vacuums in a back and forth motion. There's no lidar or cameras on it, so it is less expensive yet uses an electronic eye to know where it has been. One charge will vacuum our 1700 sq. foot house--lots of carpet and tile. It has an amazing brush where long hair hardly gets caught in it. I don't know how it does it, but the bin will be full of hair (mine and our two dogs) but hardly any will be wrapped around the brush. Roborock also makes vacuums with lidar if you want to go a bit more expensive. There's an active FB community to help with any issues, too. Check out the reviews on YouTube by Vacuum Wars of the E4 or any other Roborock products. I got mine at a promotional price when it first came out, but if it died tomorrow, I would be ordering another at full price if I had to do so.  I've seen the newest version (E5) on sale for $180 on Amazon, although with coupon, it's $250 now. I can't go without it! Here's a screen shot of the E5.

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 9.12.42 AM.png

@Ainhisg : Thanks for sharing and will keep this information.

Honored Contributor

@mjabby @Ainhisg @DrBabs @ScrapHappy @HangingTen : Thanks Y'all. Appreciate all your help. Named my robot : Jetson but should have been " Goofy ". Several issues with the app trying to create account. I have a small house but closed the den door since DH was watching football. Closed the bedroom doors. Only rooms to clean: living room, hall, and hall bathroom, the kitchen and the combo dining room and family room. Took 1 1/2 hours but issues. At first missed cleaning around the dining table.Cleaned each room 3 times and then really got confused trying to go home to the docking station and almost cleaned each room again. I followed Jetson around with my walker trying to direct it to the docking station. I haven't had the time to research everything or do more with the app.

Super Contributor

@SouthernBee  Don't panic -- it's learning (and so are you). Sometimes it will take longer than at other times to clean a room/whole house. All part of the process. It will go back to the dock when it's ready and herding it with your walker won't make it do so. LOL

Honored Contributor

@DrBabs wrote:

@SouthernBee  Don't panic -- it's learning (and so are you). Sometimes it will take longer than at other times to clean a room/whole house. All part of the process. It will go back to the dock when it's ready and herding it with your walker won't make it do so. LOL

@DrBabs : Thank you. New toys but owner must be trained.  Difficult being old and stubborn and a slow learner. Trying to keep laughing instead of crying and trying to stay positive .