Honored Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for a robot vacuum cleaner.

@On It wrote:

@SouthernBee I know nothing about robot vacuums, but I have had a negative experience with a lift chair. I purchased one from the medical supply store where I bought my new mobility scooter. After I sit in it for a while, it kills my back. My husband has tried it, and he has problems with it, too.

I would recommend trying several at different places before purchasing. I wish I had gone to the LaZBoy store before my purchase. I would ask about returns if there is a problem with comfort. The lift is really helpful if you get the comfort you need.

@On It : I totally agree and understand. My current recliner is lay flat that I sleep in. I have a local furniture store that I use and they have in stock and ready for delivery a lift/ lay flat recliner. Hopefully if not raining on Friday a friend will take me shopping. I am currently using a stand up walker walker and don't go out if it is raining unless it is an emergency.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee I am glad you have a reliable source for your chair, and a good friend to take you shopping. I hope you find exactly what you need.

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

@SouthernBee I am glad you have a reliable source for your chair, and a good friend to take you shopping. I hope you find exactly what you need.

@On It : Thank you. Friend just called to confirm she will pick me up on Friday around noon. She has a huge umbrella and we both have rain coats with hoods. She understands that I need extra help now.

Honored Contributor

I bought the Eufy brand from Amazon for less than $150. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles like Wifi capability since I only run it when I'm home.

One of the best features is it is easy to clean which was important to me and had been disappointed with other brands because the parts seemed flimsy and a pain to clean. 
I have two dogs and a cat and I'm amazed at how much it picks up!

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I bought the Eufy brand from Amazon for less than $150. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles like Wifi capability since I only run it when I'm home.

One of the best features is it is easy to clean which was important to me and had been disappointed with other brands because the parts seemed flimsy and a pain to clean. 

@GenXmuse : Thank you for sharing. I saw this brand but had never heard of it. I want something sturdy and easy to clean. One more question: extra parts did you purchase to have ready if needed or waiting to purchase later?

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse : Thank you for sharing. I saw this brand but had never heard of it. I want something sturdy and easy to clean. One more question: extra parts did you purchase to have ready if needed or waiting to purchase later?

It actually came with replacements so I haven't had to buy anything extra. It's definitely a solid piece of machinery. I had never heard of this before either but the reviews were very good which helped with my decision. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse wrote:

@SouthernBee wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

It actually came with replacements so I haven't had to buy anything extra. It's definitely a solid piece of machinery. I had never heard of this before either but the reviews were very good which helped with my decision. 

@GenXmuse - Great to know. Let me see what I can find. Was looking earlier and had one for $169.99.

Frequent Contributor

@SouthernBee  the one I am currently using is a Shark EZ Robot Model #RV990

Honored Contributor

@mjabby wrote:

@SouthernBee  the one I am currently using is a Shark EZ Robot Model #RV990

@mjabby : Talked with DH and he prefers the Shark. I checked WalMart and it was in stock for $178. DH reminded me that he gave me a WalMart gift card for my birthday in July. Made the purchase and will delivered on Friday.

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 @DrBabs @On It @GenXmuse @mjabby @kaydee50 : Hope that I included everyone. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to respond and your help made everything easier for me. I am excited. 🤗♥️