Respected Contributor

I need new sheets!! I have read reviews on Northern Nights here & they don't sound so great, according to the cost. I have also looked @JCP, that s where I used to always buy sheets. Reviews there not so great either. I bought some awhile back fromQVC, but was allergic. I think they were Pima cotton, I gave them away. I have very sensitive skin & they irritated my legs so much, I couldn't ever use them. HELP!! suggestions??? My fav set is "Martha Stewart" 60/40, but I can't find them & can't remember where I bought them.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Need sheets!!

[ Edited ]

I am also in the market for new sheets.  I also have extremely sensitive skin, so I can only use 100% cotton.  Well over 10 years ago, I bought some Northern Nights 100% cotton sateen sheets from QVC and they were absolutely the best ever.  Unfortunately, the Q doesn't offer this quality anymore.  A few years ago, I bought some other Northern Nights sheets from QVC and they were very rough and scratchy, had to send them back.  Was so disappointed.  Will never order that brand again.

I just ordered from Wayfair dot com a set of 100% Egyptian cotton sateen sheets.  I haven't received them yet, but I am so hoping they will work for me.  Item No. BRSD3484, Queen size, for $71.00 with free shipping.  Wayfair dot com also sells the blended cotton/poly sheets, also.

The pima cotton and percale cotton sheets also irritate my skin, so I order the cotton sateen, which I find to be very smooth and soft.  I need 100% cotton bedding because of my "personal summers."  I also keep to white/ivory colors as some color dyes can also irritate my skin.

EvineLive carries the cotton/poly blend sheets under their North Shore Living brand.  I  think that HSN carries the cotton/poly blend sheets, also.

Another suggestion is Macy's may carry the Martha Stewart brand sheets, but I'm not sure about this.

Good luck in your search!

Honored Contributor

Tuesday Morning, TJ Maxx and Homegoods sometimes have wonderful sheets!   Especially the ones from Portugal.  AND you can feel and see them.

Trusted Contributor

Target has a good variety of sheets at various price points. I just bought two sets; one set was on clearance. Both are all cotton and very soft.

Valued Contributor

Good luck with West Elm - esp if they are on sale. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not into fancy-shmancy, and I got beautiful silky 600 thread count sheets for my DS and DDIL as an anniversary present at Walmart, and they LOVE them.

I plan to try a set myself, depending upon the pocket height. I need at least 18" deep.

Trusted Contributor

@TX-starlight, my local KMart sold the Martha Stewart sheets. The store has closed, but I don't know if that applies to all KMarts.

Regular Contributor

Re: Need sheets!!

[ Edited ]

Coming up next week there is a Northern Nights TSV that I already have & love them. They are 500 TC and come with extra pillowcases. The price is very good. They're going to be about 69.00. They are 100 % cotton.

Trusted Contributor

I'm going to purchase some sheets this summer, and like you, have read a number of reviews that don't really sound very positive.  I think that I'm going to do what I did last time.....grab several 20% off coupons and head to Bed Bath and Beyond.  They have quite a selection, and you can see what feels right for you.  I love the 600 TC cotton sheets that I purchased from them.

Super Contributor
Don't fall for the microfiber trend. I needed cheap sheets quick for this summer and bought the highly rated ones on HSN. BIG MISTAKE. If you don't like the way microfiber or fake suede feels you'll <i>hate </i> the sheets. They feel tacky, like floral tape. Super thin, won't hold a hospital corner for nothing.

I prefer fleece sheets. Like curling up in a cozy blanket. I used to use 100% cotton / linen sheets. Or 1000 count crisp hotel cotton sheets.

While there are great deals online for sheets, I highly recommend going to the store and feeling them. If your Sears or Macy*s has the little beds that are made, take em for a spin, well at least really feel them.