Valued Contributor

Love the dark @SharkE!

Honored Contributor

Have double sink side done Sun. 

This is all I got to do next...........groan.............

DSCN0215.JPG

DSCN0218.JPG

DSCN0216.JPG

DSCN0217.JPG

Respected Contributor

@SharkE, I love your kitchen-the flooring, the quartz countertop-and that dark stain just sets it of to perfection! It's timeless...great taste!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

PS....the pink slippers look comfy!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Re: Need opinion

[ Edited ]

Sharke--wow what a big kitchen!  Saw the first pic and thought, aww you poor thing, look at how little countertop she has.  lol

Geez---you have 2 kitchen sinks?

I don't think pine could be passed off as oak or visa versa.  Pine doesn't have the lines in it like oak, plus it has the big telltale *knots* in it.  (Between the two, I'd rather have pine.)

You're hard at work though, girlfriend!  So am I, did a TON of painting (outside) today and more tomorrow.  Oy!

Oh!  And you need to treat yourself to something gold and shiny this month (wink wink).  Mr. Sharke says it's okay.

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

PS....the pink slippers look comfy!

Poodlepet2

Yeah, dummy left her Tony Cheeks (HSN) in the shot. LOL wear them in the house.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Sharke--wow what a big kitchen!  Saw the first pic and thought, aww you poor thing, look at how little countertop she has.  lol

Geez---you have 2 kitchen sinks?

I don't think pine could be passed off as oak or visa versa.  Pine doesn't have the lines in it like oak, plus it has the big telltale *knots* in it.  (Between the two, I'd rather have pine.)

You're hard at work though, girlfriend!  So am I, did a TON of painting (outside) today and more tomorrow.  Oy!

Oh!  And you need to treat yourself to something gold and shiny this month (wink wink).  Mr. Sharke says it's okay.

yeah, think that's why that 1 gal thought I lived in a mobile home because of that double sink area. That's the side I'll finish Sun. and show you all the completed redo.

The big row of bottom cabinets has another sink in it. On the other side, so, I got 3 sinks. If you can see it for all the mixers hahahhaha

I'm a big cook, though, so, I got to have room. So hard to tell from pictures. 

Down here in Tx. you have to have tile floors that's just a given so I had the big tiles put in . Why I wear  spongy shoes to stand in all day. If you drop something on that Mexican tile it's long gone !

After Sun. breakfast I got to run into Walmart and get some more varnish stain. I'm afraid right in the middle of the job they will either sell out or quit selling that 'provincial' color. That would leave me up the creek if that happened, so, I got to go buy more brushes too.

Nope, no more gold for me. I'll probably watch though, turn around and look at the TV on the wall and fall off ladder LOL

Trusted Contributor

Darker with new knobs!

Respected Contributor

I prefer the darker stain too, looks rich and warm against your counter. One thing I would do though is move the paper towel holder there in the center and replace it with a pretty picture or something. Good luck with your project.

Honored Contributor

That's the double sink area. Interesting observation, though.