Honored Contributor

Darker for sure

Let me applaud your good work.    I love to paint and stain, gives anything such a great facelift.  I also know how much work it is.

I've found on the golden oak, it fades over time.  Why, I can't explain

But if you keep polyurethane on it yearly you don't have to stain.

If you have a lot of sunlight coming in, I would chose the outdoor poly, it has UV protection.

It's why I prefer maple over the oak.   Oak is gorgeous but high maintenance.

If you had asked me what color, I would have never said dark, but seeing the pictures, the dark is very rich looking.   Great job.

@SharkE

Honored Contributor

Yeah, your right. Oak is more likely to fade. The gal that said " 2 coats" I allmost fainted LOL. I have sky light in kitchen, but, it's over all that Kitchen aid stuff on the GREY ledge. LOL One of those recessed in the roof type of skylights.

When completed I'll upload shots of the finished  job.

Wish my sister was here she'd tie in we're all a bunch of doers.

Guess I'd better do it before I get to old. I hate climbing though.

Honored Contributor

Another vote for the darker color :-)

Very pretty!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

The darker looks better with your countertops.  Our house was built in 2000 and has the same golden oak cabinets you have.  I plan to refresh them some day.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  Is that a jar of Nestle Instant Tea I see there?  We usually make brewed tea, but keep that for "emergencies" too!  I was raised on that stuff after it came out.  

We had a battered old aluminum teapot and brewed tea every day.  If we were out of tea bags, SOMEBODY went to the store.  Then the instant tea came and we were off and running.  I have always liked iced tea with no sweetener.  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  I like the dark also. You are doing a good job and a big one. I give you a lot of credit for tackling this. 

Love your love for appliances! I'll have some of that bread you made yesterday.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SharkE.  I like the dark also. You are doing a good job and a big one. I give you a lot of credit for tackling this. 

Love your love for appliances! I'll have some of that bread you made yesterday.

LOL having that with my northern bean soup I just made this morning.

I'm basically a country gal who is used to doing it all herself as long as the good Lord gives me the strength to work out on the recumbent bike 24miles a week (8miles 3 days a week) and keep going guess I'll get 'er

done. LOL

(bunch of other small appliances in the hallway cabinets. pressure cookers, oval and round,  slow cookers, Wolfgang deep fryer, smaller deep fryer from Walmart, juicer, Kitchen aid processor out there too. )   Hopeless.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SharkE  Is that a jar of Nestle Instant Tea I see there?  We usually make brewed tea, but keep that for "emergencies" too!  I was raised on that stuff after it came out.  

We had a battered old aluminum teapot and brewed tea every day.  If we were out of tea bags, SOMEBODY went to the store.  Then the instant tea came and we were off and running.  I have always liked iced tea with no sweetener.  

Yep, good ol instant Nestea. They quit making it decaf ! I called the Co. and said 'Lipton decaf is horrible can't you all go back to making decaf"?   LOL  I haven't noticed an increase in headaches though.

Guess you would have to drink quite a bit not that much goes in a glass.

If you have a Water Still store in your area get their Sweet Tea/Decaf.

Dang ! that's the best sweet tea there is.  Hubbo, is lemonade drinker.

I survive on Sprite and tea. LOL I tried making my own. Horrible !

Wish I could make my own I'd make pitcher at time. Tried making a pitcher of Nestea that was awful , too. Gave up and just do one glass at a time.

Respected Contributor

(bunch of other small appliances in the hallway cabinets. pressure cookers, oval and round,  slow cookers, Wolfgang deep fryer, smaller deep fryer from Walmart, juicer, Kitchen aid processor out there too. )   Hopeless.

LOL, I just let go of quite a few. Does anyone make the oval pressure cookers now?

Valued Contributor

love the darker one looks so rich